Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alex_cycles

Veteran
Did it again, absolute killer of a course. Might be fun for a league race as its not got any long climbs, but enough that it saps and sometimes just about drops the sprinters.

Noticed a lot of people steering, wonder if it is the die hards left at this time of year

I didn't find steering of much benefit in this race. Just used it to get quickly back in draft on those occasions when I was on the outside edge.

alex_cycles

Veteran
Do we know what they do in more elite races? Is steering disabled to keep the playing field equal?

Yes it is. And DRS and ZRL and FRR and Chasing Tour

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **
IndieVelo continues its gameplay development….

To help celebrate, this week's release (see below for full details) contains the most requested feature of them all - a "proper" dedicated Team Time Trial mode.

• Drafting only between members of the same team.
  • Timing automatically taken on the N-th rider (team sizes and N, all fully configurable).
  • Create and choose your own teams, and all wear your own custom team kit.
Additionally, just like an IRL TTT, when you are riding you won't get to see how the other teams are doing, apart from at each checkpoint along the course. At each checkpoint, you'll see - live, and in real-time - the time gaps between the teams pop-up as they pass and you will need to use your skill and tactics to decide how to respond. Read more about this exciting new way of racing here: https://wiki.indievelo.com/docs/team-time-trials/

Norry1

Legendary Member
My first time racing at the MK Bowl yesterday, It was the BMCR National Crit Championships. It was probably the most stacked (i.e. all the hitters) field I've been in and it was really tough. Stayed with the lead group to the end but had nothing to give on the final sprint and finished 15th.

1717428941727.png

It's not too surprising I found it tough when you look at which Power and HR zones I was in for the 1hr 6 minutes of the race ^_^ :wacko:
It was like 33 x 45 second VO2 max intervals with 80 second (sort of) recoveries.

mjd1988

Guru
My first time racing at the MK Bowl yesterday, It was the BMCR National Crit Championships. It was probably the most stacked (i.e. all the hitters) field I've been in and it was really tough. Stayed with the lead group to the end but had nothing to give on the final sprint and finished 15th.

View attachment 732924

It's not too surprising I found it tough when you look at which Power and HR zones I was in for the 1hr 6 minutes of the race ^_^ :wacko:
It was like 33 x 45 second VO2 max intervals with 80 second (sort of) recoveries.

Classic sticky watts 👿

Just kidding, well done Martin!

alex_cycles

Veteran
I just beat this Danish Pro in DRS on Innsbruckring. He's coming back from a crash and it was his second Zwift race.

https://www.procyclingstats.com/rider/sebastian-kolze-changizi

He was FAL for the finish, but I beat him on points. There were three segments. Two FTS sprints and Leg Snapper FAL.

View: https://www.youtube.com/live/9oJxIJXIfl8?si=slYpYmOXWqtny82e&t=296

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I wont be doing any cycling, jogging or dancing for a while, went for a jog. slipped, fell, fractured my ankle. Not impressed.

ouch , best of luck with the healing .
On the 21 june i am having my mcp thumb joint fused and the tendons for the thumb in the wrist are swollen with fluid so they will be cutting in to relieve the pressure. ! am not sure they are splinting or putting a cast on if its a cast i wont be able to train due to sweat build up in it .

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Had a go on IndieVelo this afternoon. Very Zwift-like. Biggest difference I could see from the off is drafting - feels more realistic and doesn't let riders ride through each other's avatars.

I like the HUD too, more information than Zwift (and not as confusing as Sauce).

Claimed there were 5200 riders on when I was riding. If so, they really have started to eat into Zwift's user base. Obviously being free it's a no brainer to give it a go to see how it fairs. Nothing to lose. Be interesting come autumn how many drift back to Zwift or try something new. The pricing strategy will be interesting too.

Had a blast around the velodrome, that was fun (very BKool like). Could be good for interval training.

Didn't try a race or anything hilly so can't comment how that feels.

Top Bottom