Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alex_cycles

Veteran
My estimated VO2 is 42.7

Where does that put me?
D, I think. Mine is very comfortably in C at 53.2 according to Zwift.

Screen Shot 2024-05-30 at 22.15.28.png

steverob

Guru
Wow, according to that I'd be in E for VO2 Max! (currently at 38.6)

That might be because I haven't done any short races in quite a while - I have a feeling my best score on that was in the low to mid 40's and that was only about two months ago, which would put me comfortably in D.

mjd1988

Guru
After literal years lobbying my workplace for a bike shelter (they did!) and a shower* (they didn't!) I finally commuted to work. Less than 4 miles and I've now reassured myself if I get a call I need to drive to I can get to my car in 12 minutes so hopefully I'll be commuting a bit more!

*Ended up with a bodged up workaround shower from Amazon 😂

Norry1

Legendary Member
Then 8th and 8th cramping on the last race.

Initial impression VO2 max categories has made the races much closer.

:biggrin:

I guess you'd expect VO2 based cats to give closer races when they are short like these Tiny races.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Crap weather this morning, so I did my first CE B race since October. Didn't do too badly. Bag a Vag in NY Park Perimeter rev.

7th of 13 but I stayed with the front group until the final climb at 24 minutes. 2nd best ever 20-minute power too.

View: https://www.youtube.com/live/qm81Rd24xaQ?si=P58stCrmKOzgWT7v&t=298

That last drag is a real ball puncher. It really splits the remaining pack. Twice I've done this race, both times crushed just where you suffered

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Did it again, absolute killer of a course. Might be fun for a league race as its not got any long climbs, but enough that it saps and sometimes just about drops the sprinters.

Noticed a lot of people steering, wonder if it is the die hards left at this time of year

The pack was big enough first lap that it strung out up the climb and there was enough draft to bring it all back together again, but second lap, when the stronger riders are pushing to drop as many as possible, the elastic snapped on a fair few.

Re steering, and I know this is controversial and only my view, but my view is it's giving too much of an advantage to those with it and is making races less equitable - it's so noticeable downhill and where there are lots of corners, plus towards sprints where riders take themselves out of drafts.

My view is Zwift need to be careful with this as it could push people away from racing where steering is allowed as there is too much of an advantage over those who can't get it (Atom bikes for e.g) or don't want to pay extra.

Do we know what they do in more elite races? Is steering disabled to keep the playing field equal?

Top Bottom