Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Legs

usually riding on Zwift...
And with this in mind, what is your preferred timeslot guys? Options (that work for me!) are UK times: 6pm, 6.30pm, 7pm, 7.30pm or 7.45pm.

My preference would probably be 6.30pm but I can do any so will go with what works for those with more restrictions

@Girafitti @Legs @mjd1988

My youngest now has piano lessons on Tuesday at 6pm, so 6pm and 6:30 pm are out for me, and 7pm would be tight.

13 rider

Guru
I hate New York , my least favourite world , bag the badge stage 4 got dropped by the front group after only 8kms and finished 3 mins down in 17th on zp ,Did have a bit of banter with my Aussie cousin A.Plummer ( no relative really ) who I out sprinted at the finish to hold up The English side of the family honour

Last edited:

Peter Salt

Bittersweet
I read that this ZRL Summer Showdown is only 4 riders per race - so in theory we do already have enough for a team of 4. Shall we go ahead and register the team? Hopefully if any of this initial 4 riders can't make a particular race we can find smeone willing to step in! (Up to 10 people allowed in the squad)
And with this in mind, what is your preferred timeslot guys? Options (that work for me!) are UK times: 6pm, 6.30pm, 7pm, 7.30pm or 7.45pm.

My preference would probably be 6.30pm but I can do any so will go with what works for those with more restrictions

@Girafitti @Legs @mjd1988
If there's room left - invite me as well. I believe there's potential that I'll be a B by the time the latter races take place, but not sure. But only if there's room left - if you have 10 riders that can actually ride right now than no worries :smile:

bridgy

Legendary Member
If there's room left - invite me as well. I believe there's potential that I'll be a B by the time the latter races take place, but not sure. But only if there's room left - if you have 10 riders that can actually ride right now than no worries :smile:

OK cool - I'm sure we won't be getting more than 10!

Just need to see if @Girafitti can manage 7.45pm as the latest possible timeslot...

bridgy

Legendary Member
I haven't spoken with Mrs Legs yet but I guess it'll be okay (better to ask for forgiveness than permission!)
Just some forewarning that my legs are going to be utterly boswellox-ed for Round 2, because I'm running this on the 8th:
https://www.georgefisher.co.uk/tearound

Yeah that's going to leave a mark!

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Raced the badge series in NY earlier. Managed to hang on to the lead group until the second time up the little climb, when my legs gave way! Probably 30 seconds or so more effort and I may have held on, but lost too many wheels. Not a bad little ride and surprised I'm still able to stick at the pointy end given I'm not riding loads.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Looks like they're changing categories for the Tiny races ... given my current estimate VO2 max of 41.8 (as per Zwift profile) I only just scrape into the D cat (assuming I'm reading it right). I'm nearly as low as E :eek:
Given I just hung on for a lap and a half with Cs around NY, this doesn't quite sound right does it? I can't race these Tinys at the moment due to Saturday morning commitments, which is shame as I did enjoy them. maybe I'll get a chance later in the summer.

alex_cycles

Veteran
Looks like they're changing categories for the Tiny races ... given my current estimate VO2 max of 41.8 (as per Zwift profile) I only just scrape into the D cat (assuming I'm reading it right). I'm nearly as low as E :eek:
Given I just hung on for a lap and a half with Cs around NY, this doesn't quite sound right does it? I can't race these Tinys at the moment due to Saturday morning commitments, which is shame as I did enjoy them. maybe I'll get a chance later in the summer.

Yay I'm allowed in C for those. Can't do this week, but hope they do it again for a few weeks. Haven't done Tinies in C since I beat David Hivey on a downhill finish back in September (and no I'm not going to shut up about it - EVER! :laugh: )

Top Bottom