Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
I rode the zsun social tonight. It perhaps reveals my relative strengths and weaknesses. I rode most of the first lap at the front. It wasn't far off their chaingang pace but it was ok. I rode BH in 8-30 this morning but stuck at ride pace for 10min or so. But 1/2 way through the second lap, 35kn in I really started to struggle being dropped before BH. I rallied riding back through nearly all the group but after the descent again started to struggle and got dropped with 5kn to go. Getting dropped from a group doing 45kmh is just brutal. I pushed on till the end trying to limit my losses. So, it seems my limit is still not much more than an hour and I really do have to work on my stamina. It has been quite a shock moving from riding with a small group of people on bkool to riding on Zwift and finding so many, many fitter and stronger riders.

Big fish small pond scenario. In reality Bob, you're not an unfit rider, just there are literally thousands of riders up against you, probably younger. You've being doing alot of sessions recently and it saps the reserves. Rest is in order, that is what I'm doing for a couple of days.

Breedon

Legendary Member
I rode the zsun social tonight. It perhaps reveals my relative strengths and weaknesses. I rode most of the first lap at the front. It wasn't far off their chaingang pace but it was ok. I rode BH in 8-30 this morning but stuck at ride pace for 10min or so. But 1/2 way through the second lap, 35kn in I really started to struggle being dropped before BH. I rallied riding back through nearly all the group but after the descent again started to struggle and got dropped with 5kn to go. Getting dropped from a group doing 45kmh is just brutal. I pushed on till the end trying to limit my losses. So, it seems my limit is still not much more than an hour and I really do have to work on my stamina. It has been quite a shock moving from riding with a small group of people on bkool to riding on Zwift and finding so many, many fitter and stronger riders.
I wasn't quite right yesterday mentally speaking so I knew I wouldn't be any good on the bike so gave it a miss and pottered in the garden all day.
I will either do a ride out side or do a ride inside later.
When I did the ride Saturday morning I thought I could quite easily do another ride in the evening but as the evening went on I realised I wouldn't be able to do another ride as I was more fatigued than I thought, what you did yesterday morning was quite impressive so don't beat your self up too much.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Big fish small pond scenario. In reality Bob, you're not an unfit rider, just there are literally thousands of riders up against you, probably younger. You've being doing alot of sessions recently and it saps the reserves. Rest is in order, that is what I'm doing for a couple of days.

Andy, that sounds about right. 4 days in Italy should do the trick^_^

bobinski

Legendary Member
https://www.zwiftpower.com/race.php?id=5538

https://www.strava.com/activities/926229806

Quite enjoyed that. Pace not as brutal as some so hung around for sprint but outgunned.

Must have been an enjoyable sprint!

First amongst the power users :okay:

JLaw

Veteran
I think I fried my legs last night on bigringvr -- a bug in their elevation correction seems to have made my local ride 50% harder than it was supposed to be. Instead of climbing 3200ish feet, it was around 5200ft. I barely got down the stairs this morning.

I suspect I'm out for the KISS C/D today.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Ugh and also @Whorty spotting
1491236363339.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
I couldn't resist going out today, little jaunt into local town to drop off papers ;) Upgraded in laws bike this morning with new derailleur, 11-32 cassette and chain. Pleased little bunny he is

rob01792

Über Member
well just had my 1st go on zwift didn't have a clue what was going on click on surprise me took me to a course (London) no warm up said it was 9 miles odd 10 miles later still going managed to get in a small group 3or 4 riders 3 times they turned 1 way me another how do I know which way they going load of messages poping up who for
its seams at the moment so confusing got a lot to learn

uclown2002

Guru
well just had my 1st go on zwift didn't have a clue what was going on click on surprise me took me to a course (London) no warm up said it was 9 miles odd 10 miles later still going managed to get in a small group 3or 4 riders 3 times they turned 1 way me another how do I know which way they going load of messages poping up who for
its seams at the moment so confusing got a lot to learn

Good guide here:-
http://www.titaniumgeek.com/cycling/zwift-user-manual-unofficial-running-updates/

Also http://zwiftblog.com/

Top Bottom