Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Thanks for the tow up the hill earlier @Randyberlin My legs were getting tired as I'd already done 2500ft and over an hour. That help you gave me allowed me a second wind. I added an extra 2000ft of climbing and 30 miles :wahhey:
That is impressive. I just dropped in for a warm up for the Bkool race and when I saw you were on clicked on join your ride. I knew you had already gone quite a ways when I dropped in but thought you must be near the top. Strong work!
Edit: what was up with my big head? Is it linked to some kind of ego vs real ability?

bobinski

Legendary Member
I estimate I will need to average 450W to match Bob's pretzel sprint.

The reason for my time yesterday was i had a pesky Frenchman who kept passing me as we climbed. I went early with about 700 metres to the summit. I held a constant wattage, until he put in a burst and passed me, I came back at him by just upping the power, he cracked when I was running 400Watts this was in the last 150metres thereby a decent pretzel time. I could hold that power for a minute or so, whether it would give me enough speed to topple Bob I'm not sure. Next time I go up Watopia and feel fresh I will go for it.

Can I watch?

I joined Ben Swift for a short bit today. He was in workout mood and holding a consistent 5w+ all the way up.

I start my weight loss program tomorrow to see if I can shed 2kilos in April. It won't be easy given I will be in Pisa and then Siena from Wednesday next week^_^ wish me luck. I will be doing calorie burning rides anticipating pasta and ice cream ^_^

bobinski

Legendary Member
That is impressive. I just dropped in for a warm up for the Bkool race and when I saw you were on clicked on join your ride. I knew you had already gone quite a ways when I dropped in but thought you must be near the top. Strong work!
Edit: what was up with my big head? Is it linked to some kind of ego vs real ability?

April fool thing I think Randy.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Everyone had big heads today ... strange!

It was a shock when you suddenly popped up ... there i was, riding on my own, wondering if i had the legs to catch the riders up ahead, then a team mate pops in to pace me up :okay:

bobinski

Legendary Member
Bob im 13 seconds behind you for the epic kom zwift blog verified.

We need to join a race up and see what happens.

bobinski

Legendary Member
I rode the zsun social tonight. It perhaps reveals my relative strengths and weaknesses. I rode most of the first lap at the front. It wasn't far off their chaingang pace but it was ok. I rode BH in 8-30 this morning but stuck at ride pace for 10min or so. But 1/2 way through the second lap, 35kn in I really started to struggle being dropped before BH. I rallied riding back through nearly all the group but after the descent again started to struggle and got dropped with 5kn to go. Getting dropped from a group doing 45kmh is just brutal. I pushed on till the end trying to limit my losses. So, it seems my limit is still not much more than an hour and I really do have to work on my stamina. It has been quite a shock moving from riding with a small group of people on bkool to riding on Zwift and finding so many, many fitter and stronger riders.

Top Bottom