Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Scenery looked amazing - particularly that gorge they went through - can't wait until next July!! (Climb looked a bit tough mind!)

And they ONLY did it once! (I think?). I’d of loved to of watched it. I’ll try later. Wets the appetite doesn’t it!?

berty bassett

Legendary Member
All this talk about training to get better I thought I would add a different view
I don’t do any set routines , no special training and rarely go with any plan
Personally I think the only way to get better at something you want to get better at is to keep on doing it as best you can
If you want to get better at sprinting , then sprint more , hill climbing , climb hills and racing , race more
I can’t see how entering a training plan to do a long hill helps if it is anything but full effort for as long as you can
As I say I have never tried them so not in a position to fully poo hoo them
But I don’t think giving anything bar full effort will make you better at anything
Your welcome for this tip ^_^

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
All this talk about training to get better I thought I would add a different view
Personally I think the only way to get better at something you want to get better at is to keep on doing it as best you can
If you want to get better at sprinting , then sprint more , hill climbing , climb hills and racing , race more
I can’t see how entering a training plan to do a long hill helps if it is anything but full effort for as long as you can
But I don’t think giving anything bar full effort will make you better at anything

I’d like to disagree but I don’t want to seem arrogant... Besides I think you’re probably right ! 😄 Kind of horses for courses isn’t it?

kipster

Guru
I've tried the do more hills plan, didn't work great, I still get up them but not a lot quicker.

Ive tried the sprint harder plan but I'm still too slow for the sprints against others than have legs made of more muscle than spindly cheese string legs

The get outside and ride more plan seems to work for me, not particular focus other than spend 3-4 (maybe 5 or 6) hours on the bike.

Norry1

Legendary Member

That is one approach - and it hasn't done you any harm by the look of it.

The theory goes, that to improve you need to do a lot of work much lower than your threshold - and less but targetted hard work well above threshold. This builds a base and forces adaption. Just going flat out racing or hill climbing most of the time will leave you at a level.

That is one approach - and it hasn't done you any harm by the look of it.

The theory goes, that to improve you need to do a lot of work much lower than your threshold - and less but targetted hard work well above threshold. This builds a base and forces adaption. Just going flat out racing or hill climbing most of the time will leave you at a level.
Just curious. How did you find a crack pipe? Did you just shout out "hey, anybody holding".

Edit: this is in reference to the blog.

bobinski

Legendary Member

A little bit of power , some ( grudgingly) natural ability to endure pain allied to shortness of stature and the emaciated body of a stick insect will sadly trump a training regime every time. 😛

Top Bottom