Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
I want to get on a training plan in a month or two, and was considering TrainerRoad but tbh I think it’s too expensive for what they offer, and it makes Zwift look like better value!

Trainer Road is probably one of the best 'Structured' training platforms. What seems to put most folk off is the simple, almost child like graphics, The actual plans are top notch and do lift your fitness/ftp or whatever special discipline you are training for. I admit riding the long multi hour endurance stuff can be tedious from a graphics stand point, that is why I merge Zwift to allow me ride along with others. I know other folk run films on the screen to help with vision boredom.

Norry1

Legendary Member
Cheers Randy. Awaiting the pics coming out on the Banbury Stars CC website. Will be blogging today :okay:

Pics are late coming out (probably a good thing0. My blog is up https://norryscyclingstuff.weebly.com/blog

bobinski

Legendary Member
For me one of the positives of Zwift workouts is you can create your own. You can also take an existing workout, copy it and edit to your own preference.

I tried Sufferfest but got bored really quickly - the few workouts i tried were good, but the options were limited. Quite a few of the workouts were 'no video' too which made the workouts a bit uninteresting! Others like it though so could be worth giving the free trial a go :okay:
I am beginning to think you have the attention span of a pigeon 😛

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
I’m glad it works for you Carl. But it’s safe to assume other people may want more metrics when they train. So in a conversation about training plans it is probably worth noting which app do what :smile:
You was the first person to mention that they wanted post ride metrics so it wasn't part of the training conversation until then. In fact, I don't think Nick has mentioned since that he wants post ride metrics although that's not to say he wouldn't want them if he knew they existed. No one has mentioned previously that they wanted post workout metrics as far as I can recall but I'm more than happy to be corrected if you can link back to that.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Apparently we should not read too much into that survey . It follows or draws on a particular psychological model to tease out data about possible usage. No, I have no idea either but psychologists were getting quite excited about it on twitter.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
You was the first person to mention that they wanted post ride metrics so it wasn't part of the training conversation until then. In fact, I don't think Nick has mentioned since that he wants post ride metrics although that's not to say he wouldn't want them if he knew they existed. No one has mentioned previously that they wanted post workout metrics as far as I can recall but I'm more than happy to be corrected if you can link back to that.

Carl have a day off mate... We are having a conversation about training plans and I’ve suggested some people will want more than the limited metrics zwift offer. That ok with you?

Whorty

Carl have a day off mate... We are having a conversation about training plans and I’ve suggested some people will want more than the limited metrics zwift offer. That ok with you?
Or, you have a day off mate ... that Ok with you?

The initial question was about training plans and zwift was specifically mentioned. I have every right to give my view on Zwift and how I use it. You bought into the conversation additional functionality that may be appealing and is offered by another platform. That is absolutely fine to do, but then you get all arrogant thinking only your view counts and as I don't share that view maybe I should quit the forum for a day. Maybe take a look at yourself Tommy rather than always thinking others are wrong.

Eeit: really don't get why you and others turn things personal when someone doesn't agree with you. Very odd.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Or, you have a day off mate ... that Ok with you?

The initial question was about training plans and zwift was specifically mentioned. I have every right to give my view on Zwift and how I use it. You bought into the conversation additional functionality that may be appealing and is offered by another platform. That is absolutely fine to do, but then you get all arrogant thinking only your view counts and as I don't share that view maybe I should quit the forum for a day. Maybe take a look at yourself Tommy rather than always thinking others are wrong.

Carl I’ve got no idea what you’re talking about. Genuinely. But I’m bored of you. When did I say you were wrong. Or anyone else? I just said that even though you are happy with zwift others might want more metrics. And that makes me arrogant. Thanks. Put me on your ignore list please if you don’t want my opnion. I don’t need the constant nit picking.

Whorty

Carl I’ve got no idea what you’re talking about. Genuinely. But I’m bored of you. When did I say you were wrong. Or anyone else? I just said that even though you are happy with zwift others might want more metrics. And that makes me arrogant. Thanks. Put me on your ignore list please if you don’t want my opnion. I don’t need the constant nit picking.
:okay:

Top Bottom