Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
I meant to do another race at 5.30 (UK) but woke up on the couch at 5.29. :laugh: So I just signed up to the next one, not really checking the route, and was taken by surprise when I realised it was a Box Hill finish.
Heck when I crested Box Hill (or rather the small climb after that), I didnā€™t push, as I was not paying attention to the distance travelled.:banghead: Might have lost a few seconds there, as the finish was actually just up the road.
Kind of annoying that distance remaining is not shown in these TT races. :sad:

Thankfully BH is not too long, otherwise you would have beat me easily. :smile:
The finish caught out a few people I think. A few near me dropped power as they crested BH, not realising there was still some distance to go.

Whorty

Well update on the trainer. Neo not expected before September now šŸ¤Ø. Canā€™t wait that long so after some haggling have gone with the stages. Lots of pros and cons with all of the bikes to be honest. We will see but I will be back in watopia tomorrow šŸ˜
:okay: Be interesting on your views of the Stages. Gets some good write ups and it's a tried and tested static bike training company so they should have ironed out all the teething problems. Should be a cracking purpose :hugs:

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Well update on the trainer. Neo not expected before September now šŸ¤Ø. Canā€™t wait that long so after some haggling have gone with the stages. Lots of pros and cons with all of the bikes to be honest. We will see but I will be back in watopia tomorrow šŸ˜

SB20 ?

I like the look of stages, solidly built, no top bar thigh rubbing issues. Let me know how you get on (if it arrives!).

:okay: Be interesting on your views of the Stages. Gets some good write ups and it's a tried and tested static bike training company so they should have ironed out all the teething problems. Should be a cracking purpose :hugs:
Yer Iā€™m warming to it the more I research. Only thing I wasnā€™t sure on was the virtual gear levers/buttons but it has additional sprinter buttons which can be moved also the option to add so maybe over time tradional levers can be added? The swing for me was due to thier commercial spin bike supply they have engineers in the uk that will come to you if required.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
DC rainmaker has done a review of the direction Zwift might be heading with its questionnaire posted out to some users. Increase pricing($45/mnth), lots more features and premium racing are all ideas being floated for future development

Some are little surprising foremost huge cost jump:sad:

DC rainmaker has done a review of the direction Zwift might be heading with its questionnaire posted out to some users. Increase pricing($45/mnth), lots more features and premium racing are all ideas being floated for future development

Quite significant aswell aswell, anyone know where I can get a bkool pro šŸ˜¬

Whorty

Yer Iā€™m warming to it the more I research. Only thing I wasnā€™t sure on was the virtual gear levers/buttons but it has additional sprinter buttons which can be moved also the option to add so maybe over time tradional levers can be added? The swing for me was due to thier commercial spin bike supply they have engineers in the uk that will come to you if required.
Ah, didn't realise that. This was the big reason for me favouring the Atom over the Wahoo and Tacx, having engineers available - brings the Stages into my radar :okay:

All these 1st gen bikes will Have their issues and foibles - I am sure itā€™s as good as any of them. Mine has developed a whooshing noise suggesting the belt may be on its way out. Going to race tonight and look at it tomorrow.
Yer seen a few with the belt issue. I was assuming the delay in shipping they may have addressed this? As you say there are pro and cons with all of them. Be nice if you could pick the bits from some and make your own šŸ˜

Not surprised to see them testing the market for love coach-led training sessions (like Peleton) but I doubt existing subscribers are going to be interested.

I am surprised to see the waters tested for a tiered subscription model - weā€™ve all seen how that went for Strava recently!

Whorty

This survey has gone down like a bag of sick on Facebook. Charging more for less features will almost certainly see me heading back to Bkool and/or BRVR. Maybe Zwift think they can jump on the same bandwagon of Strava and start charging for features that they used to offer for free.

Not surprised to see them testing the market for love coach-led training sessions (like Peleton) but I doubt existing subscribers are going to be interested.

I am surprised to see the waters tested for a tiered subscription model - weā€™ve all seen how that went for Strava recently!
the crafty thing I see they done here aswell is spread all the good options over the three tiers so the likes of us would need the top tier. No thanks

mjd1988

Guru
This survey has gone down like a bag of sick on Facebook. Charging more for less features will almost certainly see me heading back to Bkool and/or BRVR. Maybe Zwift think they can jump on the same bandwagon of Strava and start charging for features that they used to offer for free.

Probably the worst received survey there's been, to the point that I think they refused to acknowledge it existed at one point :eek: very worrying signs. This along with zwiftpower and to be honest quite a lot of recent activity doesn't encourage brand loyalty. Zwift at the moment at its current price point is the best fit for me but if they hike prices further I'll re evaluate that, there are plenty of competitors!

Top Bottom