Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brusgaard

Über Guru
This is what happened. I noticed this chap pre-event and he was a “B almost A” with 3 race av at 3.99. Congrats to him for getting the upgrade 😊

OK, seems legit then. :okay: Only looks suspicious when he has been doing nothing but A-races since April. I guess he took the opportunity for an "easy" B-win, when he had it. :smile:

bridgy

Legendary Member
Are we planning to do one of our own organised races or TTT's this week?

Joffey

Big Dosser
Next Mondays Team IRL event showing on Companion app....

R.G.V. 🇫🇷 👍

Looks like the iTT bit is an error - on the advertised calendar it is a normal race:

So 1 lap of RGV, should be good to finally have a ride round France! :hyper:

Last edited:

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
@bridgy I wasn’t planning to race this week but if you pick something out I’ll try to join you.

Not sure how much appetite there is for the handicap races at the mo but if enough people want to do one I don’t mind helping set it up.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Next Mondays Team IRL event showing on Companion app....

R.G.V. 🇫🇷 👍
Nice. Not done any French routes yet. Looking forward to that.

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **
Another TT?? :cry:
It seems Zwift are making a balls of event requests, copying and pasting the last event and only changing the route. I’m looking forward to this one and the Casse Pattes the following week. I haven’t done any of the French routes either.

also I see a Zwift game update is due later in the week. I presume this is to release the France world to the general public as it’s the guest world from 10th.

Del C

Veteran
@Del C .
Was that a time trial on Strava? How did you do?
Yes It was.

My first outdoor TT for 10 years. Didn’t think it had been that long until I checked back on Strava.

I’d been running our virtual TTs during lockdown, so thought I’d have another go and support the organiser who’d helped me out with the finishing tables for scratch times, handicaps and vets.

It’s a ‘sporting’ course which basically means its hilly. Straight out the gate and the first 1.2 miles are uphill at 3-4%. Last night we had a brisk south westerly wind and that meant it was blowing across us at 45 degrees which made the start tougher. At the top of the hill, you start a descent which initially takes you over a bridge across the deepest cutting of the M23 motorway, so the crosswind was extra special there!

The wind continued to be a factor all the way to the turn and made the front end of the bike unstable on the steeper descents. That got better on the way back, mainly I think because of more tree cover and by then the wind was more of a tail wind. The times backed that up as I was 26 seconds slower than my previous time over about 4.5 miles from the start of the decent to the turn, but 2m 14s faster after the turn to the finishing line, which is on an uphill finish of 6% over 0.5 mile. Took 17 seconds off my PB there at 2.46, so very happy with that after a tough 10.5 miles

Finished 11th in a field of 21 with a time of 33m 23s. Strava distance and times are a little longer but that’s the difference between having humans on the finish line versus someone guessing where the finish line is on a Strava map.

But I enjoyed it. 3 more to go on a truncated season and I’ll try to ride them if I can.

Top Bottom