Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bridgy

Legendary Member
Looks great - sadly I think it's pretty unlikely we'll be having events like that going ahead in September - hope I'm wrong though

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Anyone care to elaborate, how an A-rider could win the B-cat yesterday?
Is it possible he was B going into this race, but the result last night pushed him up to A which is what we are seeing now? Seen this a few times in C races so it is legit. Looking at his 3 best times that looks like the case :okay:

I can't work out how I was 6th last night, but woke up this morning and I'm now 7th ..... I wonder if someone was DQ'd but then appealed. Not obvious who it would be though as none of the riders above me seem to have broken C numbers.

mjd1988

Guru
Anyone care to elaborate, how an A-rider could win the B-cat yesterday?

Looking at his 3 best results I think he did briefly drop down to being a B and was promoted back to being an A on the back of that race, so legitimate (although he seems to mainly enter crit races that last less than 20mins)

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Technically you only beat what’s behind you rather than what’s in front?
But I know you C riders have a rather selective way of seeing the results so I don’t want to nit pick too much :biggrin:
No ... technically I've already beaten those behind me so I ignore their very existence .. they are nothing to me! :laugh: Nada.
I was therefore right first time; I can only beat those in front of me, those who I have yet to catch but are in my sights :gun: :bicycle::bicycle:

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Looks great - sadly I think it's pretty unlikely we'll be having events like that going ahead in September - hope I'm wrong though

If they're right (boffins) about Covid being more virulent (easy to catch?) in colder weather, then a resurgence from September into winter is likely.

Its becoming rather drawn out now:sad:

bridgy

Legendary Member
If they're right (boffins) about Covid being more virulent (easy to catch?) in colder weather, then a resurgence from September into winter is likely.

Its becoming rather drawn out now:sad:
Yeah it certainly is! Also the CMO said the other day he thought we were currently at the limits of opening up without allowing the virus spread to get out of control again and therefore any new easing of restrictions would mean imposing new restrictions elsewhere (or words to that effect). And they're planning to open schools in September so I can't see that going hand in hand with allowing mass participation events again at the same time - unless things really change for the positive in the next couple of weeks...

1596532557377.jpeg

Top Bottom