Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjd1988

Guru
There’s a race up the alpe tomorrow at 10:10 that I’m going to try and join. @Breedon and @berty bassett are signed up too I believe. I hesitate to use the phrase ”it should be fun”, but it is always nice to see the summit!

I'll try and make it, any draft up the mountain is handy. And I'm another one with no wheels 🧤🧤🧤🧤🧤🧤🧤🧤🧤

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
:biggrin::biggrin: I think my wife loves me :wahhey::wahhey::wahhey:

Bianchi XR3, Potenza mechanical gears :okay: Test rode a Infinito CV with Di2 and Disc brakes but couldn't get excited by either. Preferred the look and styling of the XR3. Got a good deal off the guys at County Cycles. Hoping weather is good tomorrow so I can take it for a little spin!

DSC_1049_2.jpg

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum

Bianchi XR3, Potenza mechanical gears :okay: Test rode a Infinito CV with Di2 and Disc brakes but couldn't get excited by either. Preferred the look and styling of the XR3. Got a good deal off the guys at County Cycles. Hoping weather is good tomorrow so I can take it for a little spin!

View attachment 487875

Ding ding! New bike day!!!

:highfive:

Last edited:

View attachment 487875
Wow! Beautiful.

Edit: can you have her call my wife?

Whorty

Agreed! Super looking bike whorty. Looks perfect.
Cheers Tommy.

Had a bike fit too, and they fettled with stem length etc so will suit me better than the off the peg halfords bikes I normally buy 👍 Got some cash left over to upgrade the wheels before the ToC next year, but want to ride it a few times first to get used to it to see how it feels with the Fulcrum wheels.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Cheers Tommy.

Had a bike fit too, and they fettled with stem length etc so will suit me better than the off the peg halfords bikes I normally buy 👍 Got some cash left over to upgrade the wheels before the ToC next year, but want to ride it a few times first to get used to it to see how it feels with the Fulcrum wheels.

I think I’ve actually had those wheels (fulcrum racing 7?). There’s nothing wrong with them at all. They’re perfect for the next few months. They’re not light, but fulcrum which is campagnolo rebranded, make reliable rims and excellent hubs. Plus they have an aluminium brake track so no worries in the crappy winter weather. Then like you say in a few months you might think about getting another set for the summer. New peddles maybe?

Also please DO NOT listen to Randy pleading bike poverty! The man’s wife gives him annual leave to globe trot around the world on biking adventures! :headshake:

Whorty

I think I’ve actually had those wheels (fulcrum racing 7?). There’s nothing wrong with them at all. They’re perfect for the next few months. They’re not light, but fulcrum which is campagnolo rebranded, make reliable rims and excellent hubs. Plus they have an aluminium brake track so no worries in the crappy winter weather. Then like you say in a few months you might think about getting another set for the summer. New peddles maybe?

Also please DO NOT listen to Randy pleading bike poverty! The man’s wife gives him annual leave to globe trot around the world on biking adventures! :headshake:
My thoughts exactly - stick with these wheels until next spring then look at something like the Hunt 50 (unless there are similar but better out there?) that I can use at ToC. Can't quite push to Milensteins though or Zipp :eek:

Pedals are SPD as that is what the other bikes are and my shoes. I quite like the safety of double sided pedals (flat one side, SPD the other) but they're not the lightest pedals for sure!

Top Bottom