Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
As we're talking race rules, I have one I'd like to throw into the ring .... if you start an organised CC race, unless you have a serious problem (e.g. stroke, broadband dies, trainer dies, bike explodes) then as respect to the rest of the racers you complete that race. Thing is, of we all bailed just because we're not feeling great and have no chance of winning then only Paul and Lee would ever finish a stage ^_^

Norry1

Legendary Member
Bob, under 60bpm is considered Bradycardia territory. I know its down to fitness aswell as age, but be wary of fainting especially getting up from seated/ laying down

Mine is much lower than 60 - and yes, I often feel a bit faint when I stand up. Occupational hazard apparently.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
As we're talking race rules, I have one I'd like to throw into the ring .... if you start an organised CC race, unless you have a serious problem (e.g. stroke, broadband dies, trainer dies, bike explodes) then as respect to the rest of the racers you complete that race. Thing is, of we all bailed just because we're not feeling great and have no chance of winning then only Paul and Lee would ever finish a stage ^_^

People are free do do what they want as far as I’m concerned. So long as they’re not trying to gain an unfair advantage I don’t care to be honest.

Whorty

People are free do do what they want as far as I’m concerned. So long as they’re not trying to gain an unfair advantage I don’t care to be honest.
For me it's a respect thing. If we start a race, as a respect to each other we should finish the race. For many the weight, height, trainer thing is important, for me it's this. If no one else does, that's fine, but as we're all having a view on race rules I wanted to throw mine in.

<Tommy>

For me it's a respect thing. If we start a race, as a respect to each other we should finish the race. For many the weight, height, trainer thing is important, for me it's this. If no one else does, that's fine, but as we're all having a view on race rules I wanted to throw mine in.

I hear what you’re saying Carl. But I guess I just assume people here a racing in that spirit anyway. I don’t see evidence to the contrary. I’ll give you an example. A couple of weeks ago I bailed out of a race because I’m out of condition and I felt my leg tightening. Avoiding injury is more important to me than finishing a race. Back in the bkool days I actually threw up into a waste paper bin during a race and finished it. I did those things on my judgment and I just assume others do the same.?

the difference between that and weight / height doping is that those are done to gain an unfair advantage and are cheating. it’s basically the opposite?

Im not a big fan of arbitrary rules generally. And I kind of hope this group keeps faith with each other rather than writing a list of them. Just my two cents worth...

Whorty

I hear what you’re saying Carl. But I guess I just assume people here a racing in that spirit anyway. I don’t see evidence to the contrary. I’ll give you an example. A couple of weeks ago I bailed out of a race because I’m out of condition and I felt my leg tightening. Avoiding injury is more important to me than finishing a race. Back in the bkool days I actually threw up into a waste paper bin during a race and finished it. I did those things on my judgment and I just assume others do the same.?

the difference between that and weight / height doping is that those are done to gain an unfair advantage and are cheating. it’s basically the opposite?

Im not a big fan of arbitrary rules generally. And I kind of hope this group keeps faith with each other rather than writing a list of them. Just my two cents worth...
Injury, or fear of injury, is obviously fine. The problem with dropping out and not carrying on to the end is that someone could join a 60 minute race with the aim of blasting around for 30 mins then dropping out. Trouble is, that fast 30 mins could drag someone up the road and away from the chasers. I just think if we commit to joining the race we should commit to finishing as this is respectful for the others - however crap I've been I've never failed to finish a race, however far I am down the field, and it would be nice if we all did the same.

Obviously no one can, or should, force anyone to do this but it would be nice and respectful to others that we all agree on this 👍

<Tommy>

Only 47 finished out of 160 at the Worlds today :smile:

I hope the ones that bailed had a good excuse :tongue:

seriously though...Watching the interviews of the ones who did finished you could see the misery all over their faces. Proper race that one!

Whorty

Only 47 finished out of 160 at the Worlds today :smile:
Team event. Different scenario ^_^ The expectation at the beginning of that race was many would drop out and not finish. If we expected 2/3rds to drop out every Thursday, I'm not sure the league would last very long.

Like I say, just my view. Doesn't mean anyone else has to agree.

<Tommy>

Injury, or fear of injury, is obviously fine. The problem with dropping out and not carrying on to the end is that someone could join a 60 minute race with the aim of blasting around for 30 mins then dropping out. Trouble is, that fast 30 mins could drag someone up the road and away from the chasers. I just think if we commit to joining the race we should commit to finishing as this is respectful for the others - however crap I've been I've never failed to finish a race, however far I am down the field, and it would be nice if we all did the same.

Obviously no one can, or should, force anyone to do this but it would be nice and respectful to others that we all agree on this 👍

I agree with that. Everyone should join the race with the intention of finishing. But I just assume people do? But beyond that if people bail for whatever reason I’m not going to sit here a pass judgement on how serious there reason is. This is supposed to be fun! ^_^

Whorty

I agree with that. Everyone should join the race with the intention of finishing. But I just assume people do? But beyond that if people bail for whatever reason I’m not going to sit here a pass judgement on how serious there reason is. This is supposed to be fun! ^_^
As I said to someone on a race the other day .... if racing on Zwift is fun then you're not working hard enough or doing it right 😹

Top Bottom