Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Glow worm

Legendary Member
An idle 15 or so mile bimble across the flatlands here earlier, along some old tracks and bridleways to try to regain some fitness. Not sure it works though at an 8 or 9 mph average?! Tomorrow will be my first commute for a couple of weeks (due to dodgy legs), so the delights offered by Mr Toad and his demented pals can wait for then, this was to be a mostly off road ride. First up to Reach Lode bridge - I'd heard a crane or two had been spotted recently from there, but nothing today. Then back into Reach village alongside the Lode, dodging travellers horses!

A quick cuppa in the bird hide on Tubney Fen where a dozen or so lapwing were a nice surprise, and then back down over Swaffham Bulbeck Lode towards home along a farm track. A shorts and T. shirt job today in warm sunshine - I wonder if it will be the last this year. Only took one pic today- this is one of my busy routes near Swaffham Bulbeck ^_^
download.jpg

Alex H

Legendary Member
An idle 15 or so mile bimble across the flatlands here earlier, along some old tracks and bridleways to try to regain some fitness. Not sure it works though at an 8 or 9 mph average?! Tomorrow will be my first commute for a couple of weeks (due to dodgy legs), so the delights offered by Mr Toad and his demented pals can wait for then, this was to be a mostly off road ride. First up to Reach Lode bridge - I'd heard a crane or two had been spotted recently from there, but nothing today. Then back into Reach village alongside the Lode, dodging travellers horses!

A quick cuppa in the bird hide on Tubney Fen where a dozen or so lapwing were a nice surprise, and then back down over Swaffham Bulbeck Lode towards home along a farm track. A shorts and T. shirt job today in warm sunshine - I wonder if it will be the last this year. Only took one pic today- this is one of my busy routes near Swaffham Bulbeck ^_^

You really meant flatlands didn't you? :ohmy:

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Nice little 11 and a smidge miler, I was only going to do 5 as my legs were stiff after last night but I needed to get out of the house. The hippies next door are really quiet now except for guitar practice and that's before 8pm. We were escaping from her downstairs who gets the hump if we talk after 6pm as she is in bed by 5pm and a night shifter (Thinking of taking up drums next :evil:) She expects us to live like Anne Frank and its grating on our nerves now so we spend a lot of time 'out'.
Lovely lovely ride around our regular Wreningham/Hethel loop, we stopped and scoffed some blackberries and checked out the Blackthorn bushes ready for the first frost and then "Gin Time" or at least the starting of sloe gin and then a gentle ride home. Only about 52 minutes out but we needed to hoover and get the dogs out before curfew.
We saw lots of other cyclists out, I took about a dozen pics and then discovered that there was no card in the camera. It doesn't post a warning or anything useful. I wore my long sleeved top, which I realised was a mistake by the end of the road. :sun:Ho hum.

Thinking of going out with Hethersett Velo lot tomorrow if the weather holds, its their 'social' ride so I am assuming 10 miles, cake then back again.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I was planning on meeting a few mates and doing the 50 mile Cycle Cynthia ride this morning (hadn't booked but was going to turn up and 'pay on the day') but No1 daughter said she was popping round to sort a few things out with us. Ended up the I didn't get out until the afternoon, still, I love her dearly and it was not a problem....
By the time I got going, I thought an off roader on the hardtail would be better so I aimed up past Sywell Aerodrome and onto a favourite bridleway of mine. It's a b*gger to follow as there are very few signs and I rely on OSMap to keep me on course occasionally.
This one is easy enough to follow though!

DSC_0764.jpg

Onwards and Upwards, as they say..
I thought it'd be nice to check out a great local fishing spot I frequent occasionally to see how it looks.
And it's looking good!! (Must get there soon :smile: )

DSC_0767.jpg

It's only 1 acre, but so peaceful to sit beside to drown some worms, and the old boy who owns it loves a chat when he walks round for his £4 for a mornings fishing. He'll chat for ages about stuff then say he's got things to do, then carry on nattering for another half an hour :laugh:.. Really lovely fella and we need more like him in this world..
However, I digress!
Cycling, yes.... On the way back home, I remembered a plum tree in the grounds of the ruins of Overstone Manor that dangles fruits just waiting to be picked..
DSC_0772.jpg

Some days, a ride is worth just messing about and not worrying about miles & Strava segments.
However, I did do 18.3 miles and achieve 4th overall on Beirut Lungs & a PB on Beer, Pie and coffee :whistle:

http://www.strava.com/activities/84152741

fabregas485

I forgot to mention the rude motorcyclist I saw while on a skyride today. I looked up and he did a rude gesture to the whole group of us as he passed on the other side of the road. It was a back and forward motion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom