Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Aha...but I wear a mask lol!
from your avatar i didnt think you were that bad or is it photoshop`d ?^_^

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Forecast for today was really good - warm sun, no wind - so planned a hilly ride. Glossop - Chapel - Whaley Bridge - Goyt Valley - Macclesfield Forest - Bollington - Poynton - Marple - Glossop. 51 miles, 5,500ft of climbing

Seemed a bit murky when I set off at 10am but the bbc website was unequivocal - it was gonna be lovely! Through Chapel-en-le Frith....still murky and there seemed to be a fair bit of fog on the peaks. That was going to burn off, just like the bbc said, right?

The climb to Wingather Rocks is tough but the uninterrupted views over Cheshire make it worth while. Here it is today. I hope you are enjoying the extensive views.

2013-09-23 11.23.05.jpg

But the best (worst?) was yet to come. My route took me via the top of the Cat and Fiddle. Again, this is famous for uninterrupted views across several counties.
2013-09-23 11.55.07.jpg

That's about noon. According to the bbc I should be enjoying 20 degrees and sunshine just about there. At least it didn't rain

Forecast for today was really good - warm sun, no wind - so planned a hilly ride. Glossop - Chapel - Whaley Bridge - Goyt Valley - Macclesfield Forest - Bollington - Poynton - Marple - Glossop. 51 miles, 5,500ft of climbing

Seemed a bit murky when I set off at 10am but the bbc website was unequivocal - it was gonna be lovely! Through Chapel-en-le Frith....still murky and there seemed to be a fair bit of fog on the peaks. That was going to burn off, just like the bbc said, right?

The climb to Wingather Rocks is tough but the uninterrupted views over Cheshire make it worth while. Here it is today. I hope you are enjoying the extensive views.

But the best (worst?) was yet to come. My route took me via the top of the Cat and Fiddle. Again, this is famous for uninterrupted views across several counties.

That's about noon. According to the bbc I should be enjoying 20 degrees and sunshine just about there. At least it didn't rain

rained here this morning! but at least it was warmer than when I saw snow on the tops last weekend in Glencoe & on Rannoch Moor...

Not quite my ride of today, but from Friday, which was the last day of my holiday in Wales. Earlier in the week I had braved the heavy rain and strong winds and rode a circuit around Dolgellau, followed by a circuit of Lake Vyrnwy later in the week. As the weather gods looked favourably on me, I set off along the Cader Road out of Dolgellau and headed up and over the Fordd Ddu along Cycle Route 82. Up and over the top, I then descended to the Dysynni Valley, with a quick stop at Llanfiangel Ym Pennant before making for the Talyllyn Railway Cafe at Abergynolwyn for coffee and cake:cuppa::hungry:. As I was cycling up the drive one of the station staff shouted "did I want the train?" I got to the top just as the train departed, so at least the cafe was quiet. Setting off once more, having been refreshed, I passed along the north side of Talyllyn lake along a gated road, before attacking the pass that took me back towards Dolgellau. Once over the top, I avoided the main road and took the National Cycle route which undulates across the hills before a final fast descent. into the town centre. It was a great ride, and the hardest I have attempted:heat:. Just 33 miles, with 4800' feet of climbing - this included the 8 miles of fairly flat roads along the valley bottom. And now the obligatory photos:whistle:

Galaxy On Holiday.jpg

Fordd Ddu.jpg
Barmouth.jpg
Holiday Cake.jpg

Try out ride last night. I wanted to see if my kit would be good enough for the Manchester - Blackpool night ride on Saturday. As it got dark I set off for along the A69 for Little Corby, then over to Newby East and round to Linstock through Rickerby park and into Carlisle and back along the A69 to home, about 14 miles. On the way round I tried out the three lights I will be carrying on Saturday/Sunday A very powerful Cree on the handlebar, Cateye Opti cube also on the handlebar, my old Petzl MyoXP, which I have managed to rig up as a helmet light. On the way round I tried all three on their own and in combination, hoping I could eliminate one or more, alas all three will be going with me. The Petzl will be the main light, the Cree will be used where there is no road lights and the Cateye in the suburbs. I was also wearing a LEDwear vest that lights up, this definitely will be worn. Just before setting off I found that the front tyre was a bit short of tread and the rear was as smooth as a baby's backside. Today's ride was down to Penrith to get two new tyres fitted. Straight down the A6 tyres fitted and back up the A6 38 mile round trip overcast but easy.

59 miles today, followed a similar route when I passed through Whalton in Northumberland a few weeks ago when I done my first 100km but cut a few miles out because last time I went the wrong way and added a few miles, but this time I went the correct way. It wasn't as warm as the last time but I suppose thats because the Summer is over:cry: but it was warm enough.

Ive noticed a lot of photographs in this thread, just wondering, are some of these photos done with mobile phones, they look very good. I tried taking a few with my mobile phone but they came out rubbish, either mobile phones don't take good photos or maybe I will have to learn how to use my mobile phone camera better such as learning how to use zoom:scratch:

First commute in of the week on my new birthday toy. I park my bike up in my office as it have room to and over came my manager, He was admiring my bike and mistook the gears on the triban 3 for 105's. (Made me chuckle) and In other news I discovered the wonders of Strava. How did I not discover it before now!!

fabregas485

59 miles today, followed a similar route when I passed through Whalton in Northumberland a few weeks ago when I done my first 100km but cut a few miles out because last time I went the wrong way and added a few miles, but this time I went the correct way. It wasn't as warm as the last time but I suppose thats because the Summer is over:cry: but it was warm enough.

Ive noticed a lot of photographs in this thread, just wondering, are some of these photos done with mobile phones, they look very good. I tried taking a few with my mobile phone but they came out rubbish, either mobile phones don't take good photos or maybe I will have to learn how to use my mobile phone camera better such as learning how to use zoom:scratch:
What phone do you have? If its touch screen, it you tap the screen on the subject of the image it will some out better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom