Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

London Female

Über Member
I went out with my local CTC group this weekend for one of their shorter rides, 26 miles from Grove through Denchworth, Goosey, Stanford, Hinton Waldrist through to Fyfield to Millets Farm for tea and back via Fyfield Wick and West Hanney. Lovely day through some pretty places and the sun did eventually appear.

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.

London Female

Über Member
D

Deleted member 1258

73 lumpy miles this morning, Wasely Hills Country Park and back, warm grey morning, I've been commuting in a winter jacket and getting cold hands all week so was surprised to find it warm enough for shorts this morning, the sun came out as I got to the outskirts of Coventry on the way back, did more climbing on this ride than I usually do, made it a hard but enjoyable morning, as a bonus the Windmill Cafe does an excellent Beans On Toast and Coffee, £3.90 for a mug of Coffee plus a Beans on Toast with two slices of bread of the door step variety with plenty of Beans, fuelled the legs well for the ride home.

D

Deleted member 23692

Today's jaunt was a mix of three of my regular routes that, with a bit of jiggery pokery, makes a great metric 100 (102 km to be exact) taking in the lovely countryside to the north of the lake district and the Solway coastal plain. I was planning on doing this yesterday as there was little or no wind but I came down with a bout of farting around, so it got postponed till this morning...wind was a steady 12-15mph westerly :sad:.

Final tally (with a couple of route changes) is 100.6km with 2600ft ascent at an average 15.5mph.... I love mixing imperial and metric unit :laugh:

full.png

Last edited by a moderator:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
61 mile club run,
got dropped about 2/3 rds of the way round at a junction stopping for traffic and could not get on the back, i was clocking 26 mph on the flat and i was still being left behind sheesh !
http://www.strava.com/activities/84108255

Peteaud

Veteran
22 Mile pootle with Mrs Aud today.

We set of from the Cafe at Maunsel Lock on the Taunton Canal and headed north keeping mostly to the (good) towpaths.
large.jpg

large.jpg

Mrs Aud taking a pic of me with her new camera :-

large.jpg

We then left the canal and followed the river back south along the quite lanes on the levels :-

large.jpg

Crossing the main road at Burrow Bridge Mump

large.jpg

Then through North Curry

large.jpg

Then back at the start we had a coffee and a cake.

A happy Mrs Aud:-

large.jpg

theloafer

Legendary Member
great ride with my g/f today 32 mile very steady in the :sun: http://connect.garmin.com/activity/379552430 first part is a local walking route then we headed out to sedgefield for cake+coffee ^_^ then headed out of sedgefield to the A689 picked up the cycle path (think ncn1) to the millennium bridge where we picked up the Wynyard cycle track and headed to the old station café for more cake+coffee :hungry: and resting in the :sun: then we slowly ambled back via Carlton-Redmarshall-Bishopton-Great Stainton
002.JPG
016.JPG
021.JPG
023.JPG
030.JPG
050.JPG
052.JPG

Alex H

Legendary Member
A very sunny afternoon to do 63km up the Vienne (more like up and down the valley sides) to Aixe-sur-Vienne returning via Séreilhac (home of the donkey fete - 1st Sunday in October - put it in your diaries now!) and Cognac-la-Forêt (home to the hemp festival :eek:)

Bicycle planters
Olympus_September_01 (Medium).JPG

The bridge at Aixe-sur-Vienne

Olympus_September_02 (Medium).JPG

Duckies

Olympus_September_07 (Medium).JPG

Séreilhac - Salle Polyvalente (community hall) and site of donkey fete:smile:

Olympus_September_10 (Medium).JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom