Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wayne Tully

I got home from work early so thought I'd go for a little spin, I have 3 rides and a run tomorrow as well as a club ride on Sunday so just did 20KM, there was a hot air balloon going up from Leeds castle as the sun was going down, very pretty.

1231629_10151873409269165_471740831_n.jpg

The Jogger

Legendary Member
I got home from work early so thought I'd go for a little spin, I have 3 rides and a run tomorrow as well as a club ride on Sunday so just did 20KM, there was a hot air balloon going up from Leeds castle as the sun was going down, very pretty.

1231629_10151873409269165_471740831_n.jpg

Do you remember that game spot the ball ^_^

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Short commute in to work. Slightly longer route home for a change of scenery, then little bro popped round at 7pm for a night ride to test his new Cree light. Not a criticism, but it's 'too bright' for my liking, and I found it left a glare that ruined my night vision if I looked at the spot on the road too long. My B&M front light by comparison isn't as bright, but fills the road with useable light, and no discernable effect on night vision. And I don't have to charge mine up. Lovely night ride all in, with plenty of bats flying around (Pipistrelles I think), and a nice barn owl too.......

You don't see that driving a car, or sitting on a sofa watching ex-factor.

Kies

I went for a quick ride at dusk on the Triban with her winter setup (mudguards,cree T6 and some knee warmers)
Has been 2 weeks since i last rode any bike and it felt wonderful. The cars gave me a wide berth and the pub I pass 3 times in my loop cheered each pass. Now I'm itching to get out again in the morning :smile:

Rustybucket

Veteran
Wifes away this weekend - so took advantage and went off for 8 hours.

Enjoyed my ride - apart from traffic when coming back into london! Saw the Garmin Sharp Coach & a couple of Omega quick step cars - must of been on route for the start of tour of Britain. Also saw some poor guy at Richmond going into a ambulance - was all strapped up and on a stretcher just at the bottom of one of the hills. Hope he is OK.

My new toy - Garmin 800 didn't crash this time - had a few dodgy moments but overall extremely pleased with it. I need to try and get my average speed up really dissapointed with 14mph. But had a few hills & traffic. Definitely going to get my cassette changed this week - really struggled on big hills.

Now im going to collapse and watch the Tour of Britain.

http://www.strava.com/activities/83843142

Sandra6

Veteran
Just a slow amble on the "old lady" bike with youngest daughter.
We went in search of pizza (tesco) and brambles (hedgerow) and we weren't disappointed.
Little 'un even managed to ride up a hill! It's a major first as she usually jumps off the bike at the first sniff of an incline in either direction but today she kept on pedalling. Very proud of her. Apple and bramble crumble with custard later to celebrate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom