Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Glow worm

Legendary Member
Good to see so many great rides and some superb photos. Am very jealous as I'm currently unable to ride as I'm suffering from some severe thigh muscle pain and I can barely walk let alone cycle. I get it every few months, no one knows why or what causes it, and it can last from a day or so to a couple of weeks. It's been a whole week so far! feels like being imprisoned.

Thought I'd cracked it earlier, as managed the 100 or so yard ride to my allotment, but the pain set in on the way back, so back to square one :sad:. Can't wait to get properly back in the saddle, that first ride after prolonged bouts is always the best.

London Female

Über Member
Whats her next tour ?

How about the women only Cyclettas? Saluki and i are doing the New Forest one next month.

I may have a go at that too if I can swap my shift

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
Good to see so many great rides and some superb photos. Am very jealous as I'm currently unable to ride as I'm suffering from some severe thigh muscle pain and I can barely walk let alone cycle. I get it every few months, no one knows why or what causes it, and it can last from a day or so to a couple of weeks. It's been a whole week so far! feels like being imprisoned.

Thought I'd cracked it earlier, as managed the 100 or so yard ride to my allotment, but the pain set in on the way back, so back to square one :sad:. Can't wait to get properly back in the saddle, that first ride after prolonged bouts is always the best.

Have you thought about seeing an osteopath. You may have a trapped nerve.

Glow worm

Legendary Member
Have you thought about seeing an osteopath. You may have a trapped nerve.

Thanks HW - I'll look into that. Cheers. I certainly have the doctors stumped- I've been going to a muscle hospital down in London for a year or so and they're baffled- even after 3 biopsies :ohmy:. Wouldn't surprise me now though if it is something more simple like a trapped nerve. It certainly gets me down and I can't wait to get back on the bike.

London Female

Über Member
Do come and join us,we are doing the 50 miler and it would be great to have another CC girlie there.
Lots of jelly babies and dolly mixtures @Saluki tells me as she has done one before.
PM me if you manage to swap and want to join us.

I'd love to, as soon as I know if I can get the day off I will contact you.

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
Thanks HW - I'll look into that. Cheers. I certainly have the doctors stumped- I've been going to a muscle hospital down in London for a year or so and they're baffled- even after 3 biopsies :ohmy:. Wouldn't surprise me now though if it is something more simple like a trapped nerve. It certainly gets me down and I can't wait to get back on the bike.
I fell off a horse in 2006 and was introduced to a brilliant osteopath in Kent. She put me right. Over the years she had taught me loads of things about how the body works and how to listen to it and what may seem the obvious cause of pain very often isn't . They do years of training and I can't recommend them enough.

Glow worm

Legendary Member
I fell off a horse in 2006 and was introduced to a brilliant osteopath in Kent. She put me right. Over the years she had taught me loads of things about how the body works and how to listen to it and what may seem the obvious cause of pain very often isn't . They do years of training and I can't recommend them enough.

Good call- I'll definately look into that- the Docs have run out of ideas so I need to try something new-many thanks for the tip.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Lucky you. Only falling off the once. I used to hit the deck regularly, then again I was in the saddle 10 hours a day most days and not all my horses were the easiest of rides.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Literally a quickie around the block.3.62 miles in drizzle and the wind.
I was trying out my new cheapie cycling long padded pants and hubby was trying out his new road shoes and Keo Look pedals and cleats (white ones so they match the bike).
My hands were freezing. Time to dig out my bright yellow lightweight running gloves to wear beneath my mits. Not quite time for the Sealskinz yet though.

I thought that I would have a quick scoot around the block as the sun was coming out so did a variation on my nice 11 mile route and added an extra mile on to it. I was just spinning in when I spotted Hubby sorting his bike computer out whist astride his bike. I asked where he was going and he said "Wattlefield short loop". Its only 8 and a bit miles so I went with him.
A nice 20.04 miles today with a 13.9 ride average. Bike computer says my average was 14.3mph but it stops timing when I am sitting at junctions :smile:
I am feeling pretty good now.

One small thing I noticed on the ride was the Scottish Wind. It must have been lost as I am in Norfolk. I really dislike riding into the wind what ever direction I am riding in. There was no respite from it today.
That wasn't a Scottish Wind/ gale I prefer riding into it rather than the wind down here, although its stronger you get a break in between the 60-80mph gusts :thumbsup: 5-10mph in the Fens :ohmy: I cant really explain why :rolleyes:

I just extended the commute this morning into the rural countryside, it was nice (bright and sunny) and fresh so I did so without a sweat :smile: I looped into the wind, so although pace was slow I got blown into work :bicycle:. Its turned wet this evening so I think I might take a shorter way home (I do need to divert to a supermarket for milk but its not a massive diversion).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom