Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wayne Tully

I'm off work this afternoon, I was going to have a rest but I can't see there being many more days like this, this year so I decided to get out my mountain bike as my road bike is still sans front wheel. Did a 16 mile loop in about an hour and a bit, was nice.

1236057_10151863464824165_65874435_n.jpg

Wayne Tully

Whats her next tour ?

How about the women only Cyclettas? Saluki and i are doing the New Forest one next month.

She is quite shy so clubs aren't for her, I'm just going to keep riding with her, I'm quite happy to do the small sportives with her, it's quality time away from the internet and TV.

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
She is quite shy so clubs aren't for her, I'm just going to keep riding with her, I'm quite happy to do the small sportives with her, it's quality time away from the internet and TV.

Fair enough, the main thing is she is out and about and seems to be embracing this cycling lark and it's great you can do it together. One day she will pass you in a puff of dust and you will be chasing her down the road all over again.:smile:

Linford

I have a strategy forthe ride home...ride in the direction of the hill which is with the wind, and then ride down the other side which is against it :biggrin:

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
You'll have to join me on my Cornish rides.
:eek::eek::eek::eek:

that will be cliff climbing then ?

You now know my beloved flat lands routes well, not quite the same i think.

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
Only a short 28 miles this morning as i wanted to beat the rain. Did a new route that meant i had to go onto a pretty fast busy country A road for what the map said was only a short distance. What i didn't know was that distance was vertical and my life flashed before me several times.

Once i had escaped back onto the lanes it was a very pleasant ride through Hildenborough and then back up through Hadlow and West Peckham to home.

With the harvest now over the farmers are out scaling down the overgrown hedgerows which today with the wind would have come in useful as shelter from the wind and there was loads of crud on the road from the storms last night. Made for some interesting chicanery on the road.

View attachment 29346

The fields look a bit bare now

View attachment 29347 [
/quote]

I'm pleased to see the correct colour scheme on the bike lol!

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I thought that I would have a quick scoot around the block as the sun was coming out so did a variation on my nice 11 mile route and added an extra mile on to it. I was just spinning in when I spotted Hubby sorting his bike computer out whist astride his bike. I asked where he was going and he said "Wattlefield short loop". Its only 8 and a bit miles so I went with him.
A nice 20.04 miles today with a 13.9 ride average. Bike computer says my average was 14.3mph but it stops timing when I am sitting at junctions :smile:
I am feeling pretty good now.

One small thing I noticed on the ride was the Scottish Wind. It must have been lost as I am in Norfolk. I really dislike riding into the wind what ever direction I am riding in. There was no respite from it today.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I've been busy over the last couple of days but decided that I really needed to get out on a bike today, even for only a few miles, to stretch the legs a bit.
As my Town & Tesco Single Speed was nearest the gate, I jumped on that and headed up a nearby byway I know has heaps of blackberries and free food waiting to be picked. The carrier bags stuffed in my pocket were soon full of blackberries and plums!

DSC_0754.jpg

Ended up only doing 9 miles or so, but enjoyed the fresh air and exercise and would have stayed out longer but it was getting dark and I have no lights fitted yet.

DSC_0755.jpg

(Note to self: Fit lights.....)

http://www.strava.com/activities/82873967

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom