Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Rode from home to Silloth, did not take maps, missed the right turn out of Carlisle (I don't know how considering the times I have used this road) and headed on towards Kirkbride and on to Silloth and then towards Maryport. The new cycle way / footpath between Silloth and Maryport is progressing. It had signs on it that was closed but I noticed both cyclists and walkers using it. Got a bit confused in Maryport and went off route in Flimby but re-tracked and got back on route to Workington, toured Workington, found out they haven't replaced the old foot bridge over the harbor that was lost in the floods, so made my way back to Maryport (didn't fancy carry the bike over the bridge in Workinton Station) Maybe I should have went on to Whitehaven,but I rememberd loads of glass on this track the last time I used it. Train back to Carlisle and ride to home. Just over 60 miles on a lovely day. Could not help but notice the contrast between the route markings on the NCR in this part of the country and those on the Lochs and Glens route. The Lochs and Glens are much better and give far more useful information.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Had a lovely ride this morning with my younger brother (who has taken to the cycling lark big time). I rode 10 miles to meet him, then we did a 20-25 miles circuit (hilly and windy - Etton to High Gardham and Trundlegate). I set off to meet him about 05:40 and rode along in the dark loving my new B&M lights. Was a bit chilly for the whole ride, and shorts may not have been the best idea, but I persevered. Been dropping off mid-ride the last few rides with him, but had a spot of brekky before clipping into the pedals, and didn't lose any energy levels at all - I should know better (FFS)

[cue cyclist excuse time/] My bike weighs about 13-15kg - which is not a problem, it does what I want it to do, i.e. get me from A to B in comfort, at a reasonable pace - day in, day out. However, climbing (with me on board) it does not.......however just pop it in the granny ring and I can climb anything. [excuse mode off]
After dropping bro off near Beverley, I turned north and skirted Bishop Burton, Cherry Burton, quick blat to Etton and South Dalton before turning east to do a 12 loop that would deposit me on the door step of my current favourite cafe stop (Cranswick Garden Centre - no affiliation I might add). 4 miles into that and the clouds that had been getting heavier as the ride progressed shed their first drops.

Sod it - brekky at home - hang a left and 4 miles later I was at home, coffee and bacon sarnies a go-go.

46.5 miles and home just after 09:30 - shame to waste a dry start to the day.

Must remember to take my camera out and take more pics

Born2die

1st 25 miler today nuneaton out to market bosworth then through the villages home. The headwinds made it all the more interesting.

image.jpg

Toeclip

Guru
After yesterdays damp ride, this morning was sunny but rather chilly and by late morning cloudy and breezy. My ride took me through Navestock, Moreton to Matching Green and White Roding. Then home via Willingale and Blackmore to hit the traffic in Upminster, but I had a nice 58 miles on the clock and indoors by 2pm.

TheDoctor

Noble and true, with a heart of steel
fark me ragged.
I picked up a trike from somewhere in Peterborough, got comprehensively lost trying to get out of Peterborough, had a visitation at Stilton, then rode the trike to Huntingdon, where I wimped out and got the train.
About 30 miles in three hours of actually pedalling. Into a headwind. On something that weighs twice what my Carbon Uberbike weighs and has the aerodynamics of a garden shed.
Not a terribly long day, but a pretty hard one.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
My wife is getting into cycling so I took her on the Pepenbury 35 this morning, though it'd be quite flat so quite easy for her but it was a hilly b****** but bless her she got up every hill without walking.

1236949_10151861360779165_1457957011_n.jpg

560550_10151861361199165_1396849534_n.jpg

For a flat looking route, t looks a bit lumpy!! lol :biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom