Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mallory

1st ride of 2013. Rode over to Richmond Park (20km) then 1 lap then back home via Chelsea Embankment, Buck House, Hyde Park. 62km in total :smile:

My knees need some work as they were screaming at me during the last 5km, especially going uphill

Hip Priest

Veteran
Did 50 miles. It was my first ride for 3 weeks and my longest ride since my century 2 months ago. I felt reasonably strong, but was a little bit off my normal pace and felt quite weak at the end.

Near the end, I overtook two other cyclists who looked quite fit but were riding slowly and having a chat. I ended up with them in tandem on my wheel for a while, then they dropped me like a stone. Teaching me a lesson I think!

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Geocaching with the MTB from Lenwade to Taverham along the Marriotts Way. Cycled for 3/4 mile found a cache, cycled for 0.1 mile, searched for cache, another 0.1 mile searched and so on and so forth. Had a great time, covered in mud and discovered the Shimano cycling shoes are not brilliant for climbing trees in.

KEEF

Veteran
2 punctures fell off in the pitch black darkness because my lights wobbled till they pointed at my feet rear mech went funny:sad: but I still enjoyed every mile :bicycle:

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
58 miles, 5,500ft ascent, 13.5mph avg. Tried a couple of new climbs; Froggat (4.7km@4.5%) and Abney (7.0km@3.5%) which were nice and gentle. Not too windy which made a change. Stopped off at the mobile caff at the Ladybower and had a great Sausage and Bacon barm to power me back to Glossop. Got chatting with a guy from Altrincham so we teamed up and worked through the headwind (about 20mph on top of Snake Pass).

Whilst he was better than me up the snake, my extra 2 stone saw him off on the descent :laugh:

Rather worrying clicking and clunking when I climbed full gas, sounds like BB is on its way out. LBS here I come

tug benson

Survived the Tour O the borders 2013
Out today...Just a wee cycle over by kincardine, through to falkirk then over to Stirling via camelon and plean, from stirling down to bridge of allan then back home

36 mile at a nice easy pace
http://app.strava.com/activities/36201823

156.7 mile done this week so am pleased with that, the weather is to be wet in Scotland for the next few days so i doubt i`ll get back out until the end of the week

Finally had some (semi) decent weather so decided to take the new bike for a proper ride. 66km and 1100m of climbing averaged a tad over 24kph so well chuffed, good start to preparations for LEL.

First time over Cragg Vale, the climb never really delivered and the low cloud/ fog meant the view was also obscured but overall the loop was entertaining, with a few short stretches of 10% + stuff.

http://www.brytonsport.com/mapTrackView?id=2008947

D

Deleted member 1258

first Sunday ride of the year, Heading for the plant nursery at Barby, grey overcast day, misty at times but mainly dry, forgot to use the cash point on the way out of Coventry and had to take a diversion into Daventry to find one. The ride out was a tad lumpy and slow, when I got to the Cafe the club was already there and there was a good turnout, I joined the group leaving the cafe and stayed with them most of the way across Grandborough fields but they were moving a bit above my comfort zone so I dropped off and joined a small group running just behind the main group, left them at Marton to head straight home, got home knackered with 62 miles in the legs.

http://bikeroutetoaster.com/Course.aspx?course=489764

theloafer

Legendary Member
first ride since last sept ...:shy: just short of 34 miles :bravo:lots of cyclists out as here the weather was brill ,even saw some :sun: whoooooooo route is my old training ride lots of quiet lanes , some still had lots of water and mud on them but the boardman had no probs one cyclist from melsonby had hit some mud and hit the deck . but was ok but damaged his rear derailleur was not a fast ride but enjoyed very much ...:thumbsup:
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/258745743
002.JPG 003.JPG 004.JPG 005.JPG 008.JPG 010.JPG 011.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom