Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 23692

First ride of 2013 (and the first time out of a few weeks too :smile:.. just a short(ish) 27 mile circuit to blow a few post-xmas cobwebs off.

It'll now probably take longer to clean the road crud off the bike than it did to cycle the route :sad:

gavgav

Legendary Member
Got out for my 1st ride of 2013 this morning and indeed my first ride for 3 months, due to combination of illness, weather and time! A gentle 13 miles along one of my regular routes from Shrewsbury, out to Uffington, Upton Magna, Haughmond Hill, Withington, and back round to Upton Magna and Shrewsbury again. Could tell I hadnt been out for a while, as legs didn't feel particularly strong, but very enjoyable and have missed the "Buzz" I get from it!! Was an almost Spring like day as well, which encouraged lots of cyclists out, must have seen 20 odd during the ride and the New Year seems to have cheered them up as they ALL were keen to say hello, etc!! I have 11 weeks to build my legs up now ready for cycling holiday to Lake District in March :smile:

gavgav

Legendary Member
First ride of 2013 (and the first time out of a few weeks too :smile:.. just a short(ish) 27 mile circuit to blow a few post-xmas cobwebs off.

It'll now probably take longer to clean the road crud off the bike than it did to cycle the route :sad:

There is an awful lot of mud and water on the roads isn't there!!

First time off the turbo in 2013. A measley 20 mins after lunch 11k +167m Hardly worth getting changed for:wacko: Will try harder.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Well the prep for this ride was not the best. Thought I would clean the drivetrain late last night as it felt a bit sticky. Mickled the chain, no better. Removed the Jockey wheels from the rear mech. Lubed the first, then moved onto number two. Damn the bearing had collapsed. Tried a Shimano as a replacement, not compatible grrr:angry: . So out comes the Ribble, front brake is sticking badly:banghead: . Freed it enough to be more or less rideable. Bed at 2 am.
Met 400bhp and Sportmonkey 8:25am and into the hills via Macc. For me I had unfinished business on Gun Hill having the dubious acolade of being the slowest Strava rider ever up the climb:blush: . There is a reason for it but that is another story. We arrived at Tittersworth reservoir and had great food in the cafe overlooking the reservoir, thoroughly recommended. Sportmonkey had found he had lost a nut on his SS frontwheel:eek: and decided to head to Leek to be picked up. 400bhp and I headed up over Gunhill (for the record l am no longer the slowest^_^ ) Then headed back across the Cheshire plain interrupted by a p***ture due to the tyres on my Ribble being wornout. Finished with a fast blast down the Alderley bypass 47 miles for me, more for 400bhp. An eventful but fun ride, with no rain. Even attempted an arty photo for Potsy and Skud, but reverted to type with a food shot:hungry: .
IMAG0794.jpg
IMAG0796.jpg

Attachments

• IMAG0797.jpg
    IMAG0797.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 29
D

Deleted member 23692

There is an awful lot of mud and water on the roads isn't there!!
There certainly is, and don't forget to add wet leaf litter and farm animal crap into the mix! Even so, it's a small price to pay to access to some lovely countryside :smile:

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Glad to see my good influence is paying off on you :tongue:
:scratch: I only had the one scone and didn't have any cake.

tug benson

Survived the Tour O the borders 2013
first decent ride in months, boy it was tough..

Alloa to dollar, up through glendevon to dunning, then over the dunning hill...then to drum then back home, 53 miles in total and i struggled in the wind at the top glendevon and also coming back along B934

The legs needed these miles and it`s also been a few months since i tested the legs on a bigish hill

http://app.strava.com/activities/35960021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom