Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
33.25 miles on the hybrid, riding with the enemy today. Stopped for lunch at a new cafe we found (open on new years day!). Half the ride was a new route we had never done before which made a nice change.

The weather was fab, bright sunshine for the whole ride and the roads were mainly dry, not a lot of flooding around my manor squire. I have ridden five out of the last eight days and managed to clock up 125 miles, quite pleased with that eckshoooally.

Club ride today, 10 of us over one of the hilliest routes Rutland can offer and boy did I feel it, some of those hills on a 75" gear had me grovelling a bit. The nice thing about a club run though is that except for tough uphills and fast downhills it is nice to ride in a tight knit group and take your turn at the front.
Harringworth viaduct
2013_01_01004_zps9f15bd12.jpg

2013_01_01007_zpsfdf1405c.jpg

At last a longer flat bit
2013_01_01010_zpsce45eeda.jpg

Another great ride and a good start to the New Year.
A Happy New Year to all those who have been on my forum rides and safe riding for the coming year.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Went out for a TTT (Tail Toughening Tour) around Bredon Hill which is a bit more than 25 miles. A nice day, if a bit cool, and quite a few jolly cyclists out. I overtook a couple of brand new Treks near Ashton-Under-Hill, very nice they were too. Most enjoyable, and, the TTT bit is working! Less discomfort today than before, I think I'm getting somewhere. ^_^
Oh Ah - I do like a ride round Bredon Hill. Do you climb up through Ashton u Hill or descend? IMHO up is better as one can admire the cottages and stuff.:thumbsup: Very nice village. I just love the "Hole in the Wall" at Elmley Castle :biggrin:

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
My third ride in as many days and after a couple of slow rides I decided to try a fast one (fast for me that is).

The route was the short version of my Acton Burnell ride taking in Condover, Pitchford, Acton Burnell, Longnor, Ryton and Condover again before heading home.

16.95 miles at an average of 14 mph.:wahhey: Not bad on my cheap knockabout bike I thought.

No pics today as I was concentrating on the ride and the only stops were for junctions and to switch my lights on.

MattHB

Proud Daddy
43 miles with a young whipersnapper friend who is finding his feet in the cycle department. Was a nice steady ride up over bulbarrow and other lumpy bits of dorset. 2 bloody punctures though, one front one rear!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom