Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
17 miles in the cold, wind and wet with busted elbow. Not far but quite chuffed, elbow not as bad as I thought it would be.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Went down with Manflu last night and woke up this morning prepared to have the day indoors to recover ready for work tomorrow. However the lure of bright sunshine and dry roads plus the restorative properties of a sausage sarnie proved too much and, once out, I felt almost normal except for a streaming nose.

Ended up doing 40 miles up one side of the River Orwell to Ipswich and down the other side to Shotley Gate (near HMS Ganges) and back again followed by a long soak in a hot bath.

Edited to add - nice to end my 100th post on a positive note.

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
From this morning's ride, looking north from the edge of the Quantocks over Durleigh Reservoir (on the left) and the nearby solar farm with the Mendips in the background (I think):

IMG_6943 (800x389).jpg

mrandmrspoves

Middle aged bald git.
A lovely bright New Year's Day here in West Narfuk so perfect for a test ride on the bent after its first major strip down since I got it. I had a further steroid injection in my shoulder yesterday - so currently even more painful than usual - so we kept our trip to an easy 22 miles - averaging just under 12mph.
A few minor tweaks needed to the bent..... front derailleur cable tightened to index better - changes are much smoother now since I moved the cable stop forward to match the crank having been moved forward. (strangely although the crank and the derailleur can be slid forward or backwards easily, the cable stop was riveted into place so I had to drill the rivets out and drill further holes further forward.....fixed with screws so now has 2 positions)
The front mudguard was rubbing against the wheel - easily sorted. Brakes a little slack so adjusted. The chain was rubbing against the rear frame quick release when in lowest gear - QR re-positioned.
Apart from the above - everything was smooth and quiet (apart from a creak from the right SPD pedal) well worth the effort and a nice trip out. We took a flask today and sat at Sandringham not contributing to HM's coffers!
My 2 cycle companions are fortunately very patient as I am definitely the slowbie - especially on hills......but still definitely improving.

Lighter winds:ohmy:

I was doing ok all the way from Alloa to kinross, heading back to Alloa along the A977 and i really struggled, the head wind was very tough, looked down at the garmin and all i was doing was 12MPH and it was very tough to get into any rhythm, that road doesn`t have any cover..
Its light compared to the 52mph gusts yesterday; the road that is pretty exposed near you is over the Forth, the B9124 (known locally as the road by the Pineapple).

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Seeing that hills are to have a more prominent part in my Audax rides, I chose to pedal to the Tan Hill Inn from Reeth along Arkengarthdale have a pint in the Tan Hill then pedal back along Swaledale through Keld, Muker and Gunnerside.

Had sun, rain, wind, snow and sleet. The wind was in my face for the eleven mile climb to Tan Hill. The return leg was twenty minutes faster even though it was seven miles longer. Twenty eight miles in total.

uploadfromtaptalk1357070843106.jpg

Reeth

uploadfromtaptalk1357070903561.jpg

Arkengarthdale

uploadfromtaptalk1357070954222.jpg

Arkengarthdale

uploadfromtaptalk1357071002810.jpg

Tan Hill Inn. Their Ewe Juice beer was tasty

uploadfromtaptalk1357071087341.jpg

Swaledale

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Seeing that hills are to have a more prominent part in my Audax rides, I chose to pedal to the Tan Hill Inn from Reeth along Arkengarthdale have a pint in the Tan Hill then pedal back along Swaledale through Keld, Muker and Gunnerside.

Had sun, rain, wind, snow and sleet. The wind was in my face for the eleven mile climb to Tan Hill. The return leg was twenty minutes faster even though it was seven miles longer. Twenty eight miles in total.
Fantastic photos.

mrandmrspoves

Middle aged bald git.

View attachment 16920

I'm jealous Vernon. My favourite place in the world! Though to be honest I wouldn't have got past the Farmers Arms at Muker....my favourite pub. (and also a good excuse to not continue climbing out of Swaledale - which is something I am simply not fit enough to do at present - bedides a couple of pints of Theakstons and I would be too wobbly)
Reeth

View attachment 16921
Arkengarthdale

View attachment 16922
Arkengarthdale

View attachment 16923
Tan Hill Inn. Their Ewe Juice beer was tasty

View attachment 16924
Swaledale

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
'm jealous Vernon. My favourite place in the world! Though to be honest I wouldn't have got past the Farmers Arms at Muker....my favourite pub. (and also a good excuse to not continue climbing out of Swaledale - which is something I am simply not fit enough to do at present - bedides a couple of pints of Theakstons and I would be too wobbly)

Swaledale and Arkengarthdale are my my favourite dales closely followed by Teesdale and Weardale. The Ewe Juice served at the Tan Hill was a potent brew and I'm glad that I only had enough money for a pint on me - I'd left my wallet in the car at Reeth.

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
My first (traditional) ride on new years day this year was;
a 10 mile night loop,
full of man-flu,
here we go again :wacko:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom