Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Berties

Fast and careful!
40 miles across the new Forrest , very humid hard to get layers right, put a few miles on trying to find a ford to cross a river as water levels high , but a quick ride, 5 12% hills to climb, legs about tight to night

Mike Warren

50 miles on the mtb today and I was pleasantly surprised to find conditions weren't half as bad as I thought they would be. Sections of my route along the Tyne Valley were flooded but passable with care and various parts were very clarty but it was good to be out on the bike again.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
I managed a very quick 13 miler today between the torrential rain stopping and it getting dark! The roads are in a shocking state in in my manor!

Advanced notice, our ride tomorrow will be out from Holmes Chapel, through Goostrey wiggle towards Knutsford then Alderley Edge, down past Macclesfield and loop back to HC.
The weather will be sunny with no wind, should there be any it will be tail. The roads will be lovely and smooth and all drivers will be kind and courteous. We will have an excellent ride waving to other CC'ers and our bikes won't need cleaning on getting back.
There will also be a flock of flying pigs of various colours.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Advanced notice, our ride tomorrow will be out from Holmes Chapel, through Goostrey wiggle towards Knutsford then Alderley Edge, down past Macclesfield and loop back to HC.
The weather will be sunny with no wind, should there be any it will be tail. The roads will be lovely and smooth and all drivers will be kind and courteous. We will have an excellent ride waving to other CC'ers and our bikes won't need cleaning on getting back.

You really need to lay off the full strength Rastafarian woodbines.

D

Deleted member 1258

Wot you been on? sounds like good s***, can you get me some?^_^
Have a great Xmas both of you.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
7.42 Miles today, dodging the showers (didn't quite manage it and got very wet on the last 3/4 mile home). Took the MTBs rather than the roadies as our local roads are very muddy, being rural and all. Cycled from Barford to Carleton Forehoe, up towards Wymondham but cut across to the Wramplingham Road and back home again. We averaged just a tad under 10 mph as we had to slowly go through some of the flood puddles as we were not quite sure how deep they were. Fun though.

Motorists revving their engines behind us on thin bits of road unappreciated today as it is on any other day. One bipped at us (a lot) before revving up and blasting past us as if he had a fire to get to. What a pratt. We thought that it would be a lot quieter than usual but it wasn't. We only saw one other cyclist, who we called out 'Merry Christmas' to and he just scowled at us. Maybe he didn't like his new bike.

Brandane

Legendary Member
17.5 miles from Largs to West Kilbride and back to try and blow away the hangover before going to work at 5pm today :sad:. The mission has only been partly successful! Was a nice ride with the weather being as good as can be hoped for, and a lot better than the last few weeks. Dry and only a gentle breeze. Only 300 miles to go to reach this years target, which might be difficult as I only have 3 days off to do it.....

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
14.43 mile post Christmas lunch ride. Was going to go on the hybrid but sometime yesterday, after cleaning it and putting it in the shed I'd developed a flat, my first this year, so I took the road bike instead. Which of course, being a carbon, bike melted in all the water*.

*this of course is a lie, what actually happened is the frame buckled under the weight of me after all the food I had consumed at lunch, that's the truth.

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
18.08 miles in mixed weather - only half the distance I intended to go, but 18 miles further than I felt like going, especially after experiencing a mechanical failure and being forced to ride the bike as a single speed. (I would have enjoyed this more if it had been planned and with a more leg-friendly gear ratio.)

Looking back at the village before Things Broke:
IMG_6922 (800x450).jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom