Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

400bhp

Guru
The carrot cake at Policini's cafe was very nice - proper home made too.:hungry:

Pity the cafe isn't a bit further out of the suburbs.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
They could also do with better bike stands, I hate those ones were you stick your front wheel in. Sheffield/hoop type ones would be far better. Friendly welcome though and some nice touches like the locks and helmet storage.

potsy

Rambler
44 miles today. The phrase you're looking for is "drowned rat".
:giggle:
Did you not take necessary precautions?
Dog-Umbrella.jpg

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
With all the cold weather and general horridness associated with it I'd kind of misplaced my mojo the last couple of weeks. This morning, after a torrential downpour in the night, the dark clouds parted, blue sky and sunshine decided to have a go at the front so I decided to go and see if I could locate said mojo. I found it a couple of miles up the road just after a sharp but mercifully short hill (going up), as I came to the top the bright sunshine combined with the wind behind me and the view over the fields and woods either side of the road made me think that being out on a bicycle was probably a good thing. I'm back.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
51 miles this morning, found it really hard towards the end, mind you i did enjoy the coffee and lemon cake at the end of the ride, gave me just enough energy to cycle the last couple of miles home.

pally83

Über Member
Legs and lungs did not want to work this morning. Had planned to head over Anglezarke then up to Belmont but had to turn right at Rivington and head back home. Gave my body a good talking to when I got home. Grr.

D

Deleted member 1258

Wootton Wawen the destination 62 miles the journey, after the sub zero temperatures lately it was nice to get on a day that was relatively warm, the lanes were a bit wet, muddy and littered muck and rubbish, and some icy patches, but the sun was out at times and it was a lovely enjoyable morning out on the bike.

http://bikeroutetoaster.com/Course.aspx?course=485294

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Only another shortie today. 5.7 miles round Carleton Forehoe and Barnham Broom. Took the MTBs and it was Packrat's first ride for 3 or 4 weeks. He had a fistula created in his arm and was told no riding for 2 - 3 weeks. Naturally, as he is much better behaved than I am, he did as he was told.
It was pretty cold but I was warm and toasty in my new Buff. I have 2 now, one for my head and one for my neck (I know I can make a balaclava out of one but it feels odd, hence having 2).

Very slow ride too, just a smidge under 10mph. Mountain bikes are harder work and Packrat was taking it very steady, being his first ride in a month and all. We hope to get out tomorrow and Tuesday too, before the rain arrives again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom