Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
I was able to get out again this afternoon and did a route through Shrewsbury.

This was a variation of the route I did on the 19th (here), with the exception of bypassing Upton Magna, and I was surprised at how different the trees all look in just over a week.

The route took me into the centre of town (got rained on.:rain:) then out to Uffington, Atcham, Condover and back via Lyth Hill.

Some pics:
DSC00646.JPG

Porthill Bridge - Shrewsbury

DSC00647.JPG

Along Victoria Avenue the lime trees have lost most of their leaves. It's such a contrast to only a week ago.

DSC00648.JPG

Shrewsbury School overlooking the park.

DSC00651.JPG

Who ordered rain? The River Severn at Castlefields.

DSC00653.JPG

Out into the countryside again. A pastoral view on the road to Condover.

DSC00656.JPG

A bit of a blockage in the centre of Condover at the moment and the shortest diversion is also closed.........

DSC00655.JPG

....due to this. It's deep, I'm not going to risk it.:whistle:

DSC00658.JPG

The hills are being lit up by the sunset....

DSC00659.JPG

......as are some of the fields I've just ridden past.

21 miles, not quite 12mph average today (probably all those photo stops:whistle:) and 27mph top speed.

Old Plodder

Living at the top of a steep 2 mile climb
View attachment 14507
Along Victoria Avenue the lime trees have lost most of their leaves. It's such a contrast to only a week ago.
They must have known you were coming, they've hung the bunting out.......:smile:

Night Train

Maker of Things
I think I might have over geared Emily, my Emmelle hack bike.

I fitted a 3 speed hub and a 16t sprocket (changed from the 14t that didn't fit the chain). First gear is just about ok for riding in the flat. Third is a bit like one pedal stroke every second lamp post!:huh:
Good thing I still have a triple chain ring!^_^

Still, the ride to the hospital and back was uneventful, and fast! And this time I remembered to take the D lock key with me!:thumbsup:

Old Plodder

Living at the top of a steep 2 mile climb
32 miles for me, on the muddy, wet, leaf strewn lanes of North Hampshire. :smile:
Started out with sunshine as well; chilly but otherwise dry.
Enjoyed it; & that's what matters.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Some good weather finally coincided with a day off work so it was out into the countryside for 48 miles around the country lanes the other side of Ipswich.It was good to see that quite a few others had the same idea.

MattHB

Proud Daddy
54 for me and good friend this morning. Out and up over the purbecks. Was an awesome day.. Sunshine, no wind and about 14 degrees. Will a hilly route (for us anyway) and I coped better than I thought I would.. Felt great at the end.

http://app.strava.com/activities/26481804

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
45 ish ..usual loop up to pulborough/arundel ...testing map my ride app on my phone....it failed...probably pilot error....but my garmin worked fine...i think the garmin has a better gps gizmo in it than my htc desire s

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
I set out with the intention of riding a 200km permanent Audax route in the Yorkshire Wolds and Howardian Hills. It was not to be. The weather forecast was wrong. After cold start in Yok, the sun came out and was warmign things up nicely before it retreated behind the clouds. It became cold, wet and windy on the tops with the strong energy sapping wind coming from an againsterly direction. I'd cycled from York through Howden and Beverly and onto Driffield and made it to Sledmere when I decided to bail out and head back to York via a vicious decent down Garrowby Hill. I walked the descent as I'm still porky enough to challenge the braking of my Tektro 720 cantilevers.

I settled for ninety two miles and only me second ever DNF for an audax ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom