Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

asterix

Comrade Member
The bank said it had my new bank card and I could collect it. So I got on my bike and rode the 24 km to do so. When I got there, they told me they had sent it to my York address.

So I rode home again. Had a nice ride and very glad I didn’t take the van on my wasted journey.

Darren Jeffrey

Über Member
28 miles from forth road bridge to Kincardine bridge. Was lovely

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351181893.893096.jpg

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
I managed to get out for a tour round the lanes this afternoon.

Condover, Pitchford, Acton Burnell, then across to Cressage before turning back via Wroxeter, Upton Magna and the centre of Shrewsbury.

It's pretty wet & muddy out on many of the lanes so I was a bit glad to have taken the knockabout bike as it's ended up pretty mucky. I'm also glad of the mudguards as a lot of that would have ended up over me.

Just the one picture today as it was a bit grey and drizzly for photography.
DSC00632.JPG

This was on NCN route 81 between Uffington and Sundorne.

trampyjoe

Nice

Nice! Headwinds are awful, especially if they're just slightly off to one side, it's just the worst thing to cycle in! Kudos!
N.B: How do you find the Strava Android app works? I'm going to buy a new phone sometime soon, and I'm wondering if I should get one with decent GPS on it or not, for Strava. I've heard mixed results about it...some people say that it's very inaccurate and runs out of battery fast, others say it works fine?! Any info would be greatly appreciated :smile:
I've not had any problems with it .. it does what I need it to. The battery lasts well using it, but if I use endomondo it kills my battery (constant updates sent to their site).

potsy

Rambler
94 and a bit miles to Eureka cafe in Chester with 400bhp and gam of this parish.
Cracking route and cafe stop, huge mugs of coffee were needed after setting off in almost freezing conditions (0c when I left home)
Warmed up slightly for the return and was lovely and sunny all day.

Waiting.jpg
Huge drinks.jpg
Light snack.jpg
Nice and warm.jpg
off roading.jpg

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
A :cold: but :sun: 42 miles with a cooked breakfast at the coffee stop. :hungry:

mrandmrspoves

Middle aged bald git.
Weather's been awful here today, Hail and absolutely freezing in the wind....almost glad that my shoulders are too crap for cycling at the moment! Been in my garage trying to fit a tri bar to my old Falcon ready for when I can get out again. Easy job to do - but I struggled one handed.....new bar tape will have to wait!

Get In The Van

Lovely day but boy was it cold, had to stop after an hour to check if the felly was still alive, after some adjustments of the clothing, set off again, didn't get much warmer and with a 10mph wind it felt even colder than the 4C it was. still got in 30 miles, happy with that as its the first i've been out this week,

Milo

Guru
30/40 windy but enjoyable miles. Cycled down the Kennet and Avon to Seend. Then cycled the lanes just north of Salisbury plain and back home via the canal again. Stubbed my toe something fierce just after I got back. Raided the kitchen cabinet and found some left over super duper painkillers from my partners c section. I now cant feel my toes!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
94 and a bit miles to Eureka cafe in Chester with 400bhp and gam of this parish.
Cracking route and cafe stop, huge mugs of coffee were needed after setting off in almost freezing conditions (0c when I left home)
Warmed up slightly for the return and was lovely and sunny all day.

View attachment 14381 View attachment 14382 View attachment 14383 View attachment 14384 View attachment 14385

Well Jel I am. Still no sign of getting back on the bike. This wound won't heal.

Hip Priest

Veteran
Managed 52 miles.

Overnight snowfall had left the roads slushy, which nearly had me turning back, but I pressed on. Any significant descent had to be taken at crawling speed due to the slush, but I managed to fit in the climbs of Ritton Bank and Coldrife which was good training.

Stopped for a well-earned coffee at Bolam Lake, then sped home on now wet unslushy roads to manage an unusually slow average of 14.3mph (I'm blaming those crawling descents!)

Glad I went out anyway.

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Billy no mates ride for me around the usual haunt through Culcheth and Tatton park, over to the airport and back down a muddy canal....photo's as ever with a camera on it's last legs due to over use !
Dark out
005-5.jpg

Looking towards Manchester airport ( new tower sticking up) from Lymm
011-7.jpg

Here it comes,the big bright thing in the sky is waking up !
009-6.jpg

016-7.jpg

061.jpg

Tatton Park
023-7.jpg

Manchester airport viewing park
094-2.jpg

080-2.jpg

087-3.jpg

Bridgewater canal at Worsley
107-3.jpg

Status