Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mike Warren

No wind, no rain, blue sky and sunshine. It was cold though (about 5C) but perfect for a 30 mile ride along to Newcastle Quayside. Those fallen leaves are pretty slippery aren't they?

Dalwhinnie to Cairngorm ski centre, back via Feshiebridge. Frost and sun.
PB012833 comp.JPG

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
Bloody cold out there today...sharp wind ...seems the great unwashed have all hit the roads
En masse today...why is everybody.in such a rush???
40 miles ish...easy pace...enjoyed shouting at random cars on wrong side of road
...they don't like it up 'em Mr maintaining lol!

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Ride home tonight started with an unexpected heavy downpour:rain: that the BBC weather seemed to have missed. Halfway home on top of Alderley Edge the tell tale metallic bump of the rear tyre deflating was noticed. Pitch black no pavement a bramble ridden verge was my workshop. Tyre changed, :pump: blew it up to 60 psi, couldn't be bothered trying to get it any higher fortunately mostly downhill with a tail wind from there. Home in one piece.:thumbsup:

After some chores early doors, the sun came out, loads of fresh snow above 1000' made everything real purty too. Quick 35km to stretch ze legs just. In the café for a few coffees and some crack afterwards.

Cyclist33

Ride home tonight started with an unexpected heavy downpour:rain: that the BBC weather seemed to have missed. Halfway home on top of Alderley Edge the tell tale metallic bump of the rear tyre deflating was noticed. Pitch black no pavement a bramble ridden verge was my workshop. Tyre changed, :pump: blew it up to 60 psi, couldn't be bothered trying to get it any higher fortunately mostly downhill with a tail wind from there. Home in one piece.:thumbsup:

Looked out for you round Wilmslow. Was totally out of sorts in an inexplicable way. Managed a 48 miler but it was veerrrryyy slow - only set out at noon but had eaten all four fig rolls by 1pm so had to do the remaining 36 miles on an empty tank, and ran out of water in Gatley. Had my second clipless fall in two days, got a nice selection of prime cuts for my trouble this time.

Bloody cold and windy. Can't really say I enjoyed it but heigh-ho!

Stu

P1030266.png

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Looked out for you round Wilmslow. Was totally out of sorts in an inexplicable way. Managed a 48 miler but it was veerrrryyy slow - only set out at noon but had eaten all four fig rolls by 1pm so had to do the remaining 36 miles on an empty tank, and ran out of water in Gatley. Had my second clipless fall in two days, got a nice selection of prime cuts for my trouble this time.

Bloody cold and windy. Can't really say I enjoyed it but heigh-ho!

Stu

View attachment 14654

Look on the bright side Stu, it wasn't pissing it down until later. :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom