Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Thinking about it - 'liking' a post can be a bit ambiguous! To clarify - I think it is a shame that the tea shop lost custom, but I liked the idea of you posting gibberish due to drink and drugs ...:laugh:

I hope the whiplash injury sorts itself out soon though. I had a very stiff neck for some time and it was a real nuisance on the bike.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Gave the MTBs a workout on a road route. 22.48 miles today in mizzy drizzley weather. I wanted to give my posh, new Night Vision jacket a workout. Very waterproof :smile:
I used the Strava app on my phone but it didn't wake up until half way to Hethersett. Such is life. We went on Map My Ride and did the sums from there. Defrosting now with hot buttered toast and jam :smile:

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
Quick 20 with small boy and one of his pals before his b'day party.......got accused of skiving by the missus, expalined that I was simply entertaining the troops whilst she got on with logistics:thumbsup:

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Seventy one miles from Meanwood to Stamford Bridge and back. Sixty of the miles were ridden in fog of varing density. It was clear blue sky in Meanwood and the fog started at Moortown with the occasional clearance at York and Stamford Bridge. I fully expected the fog to have been burnt off by the turning point but it wasn't to be so.

Still, it was an enjoyable ride punctuated by two tardises, two daleks, a cyberman and a large gathering of travellers with horses and traps on the A1079 not far from the centre of York. Pictures of each tardis,dalek and cyberman to follow. My older son suggested that there might have been only one tardis and I'd spotted it in two places.....

Who knows?

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Got fed up looking out of the window at the rain so, when it finally relented, I went out for a 10 mile each way trip to Aldi for one of the stainless steel flasks and a can of WD40 that they have on offer. Somehow a few cans of alcohol and a large pack of crisps seem to have found their way into my backpack so I'd better dispose of the evidence this evening.

Instead of returning straight home I decided to add an extra 10 miles in for fun. As I was on a fully mudguarded hybrid and wearing waterproof overshoes, I will admit to looking for and riding through deep puddles for the sheer hell of it!

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Myself, MartinT235 and rb58 (Ross) of this parish decided that as it was going to be raining all day then we should knock out our October 100 imperial Century for October by riding to Whitstable. And so it was to be. It rained all day, actually not heavy rain, more drizzle really. But wet never the less. Luckily it wasn't cold.

On the way their we followed the country lane FNRttC route. Some roads were very flooded and there was talk of abandonment that was quickly poo poo'ed.

Got to the Waterfront at Whitstable 15 minutes behind schedule. We stuffed our faces with their fab brekkie fry up's that they are well known for.

It was still raining when we left so we decided to do the direct route home on the A2. Rooooling up and down, up and down. But was speedier then the way down.

Just outside of Greenhithe, Ross wasn't feeling to great having just got over a stomach complaint. And seem to have muscle cramp in one of his legs. He stopped and urged us to carry on. As he was holding us back.

We don't like to leave people behind. It's not in our nature. All for one and all, that but Ross insisted. I felt bad about leaving him in the peeing rain, with a bad leg taking shelter from the rain in a bus shelter. But he's a very experienced rider as most of you know so Martin and I buggered off.

113 miles for the day. Very pleased to say that Ross' cramps subsided and he made his way home to record his century. And very pleased to see LongMartin's cycling mojo return.

I just love cycling with these 2 guys.

gpx of our route here

D

Deleted member 1258

Peculiar ride today, set off in strong sun but temp only just above 6C, after 19 miles decended into a fog bank, temp dropped which was a bit of a shock as it was warming up nicely, but then after climbing [terrifyingly slowly] out of The Vale of Belvoir the fog was left behind but now it was cloudy with only an odd flash of sunlight. Highlight of the ride was seeing a Hobby, and the flapjack :smile:. Strangest thing about today was the lack of cyclists, tea stop was empty, last week they had over 70 before 11am.

I went the other way, the first couple of hours of my ride was in fog, got to Priors Marston and turned up the hill onto the high ground above the village and found myself looking down over miles of Warwickshire countryside wreathed in fog, it looked amazing and had me wishing I had a camera with me.

SimonJKH

Blue collar cyclist
A good one today. I broke the 'metric century' landmark. Kind of by accident. My previous longest was 42.5 miles, so I'd planned out a route to Aldeburgh that should have been about 27 miles. Just to get that 50 mile milestone. A wrong turn added some miles on to the outward trip, and when I glanced at strava on arrival in Aldeburgh I saw I'd done about 34 miles. So I started thinking "If I do the same route back, that over 100km!". You don't know what you can do until you try, so I went for it! I'm not going to lie - it was hard. The last 10 miles my legs were jelly and even moderate inclines were torture. But what are you going to do? I still had to get home, so I just kept peddling and peddling...
And I did it. 65 miles - just over 100km - and I'm tired but quite proud of myself.

Yes I know it's rather flat!

Loving this hobby!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom