Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
horrid wevver here today..grey..cold...drizzle and I have to admit that I cut my ride short, went home, made a cuppa and started dreaming about another ride across the states one day...at least its warm there, the traffic isnt out to kill you at every opportunity and people are generally friendly instead of the aggressive, arrogant, ignorant, self centred, mindless morons around here for the most part.

A good ride with the club this morning, we went a steady pace out off town (which was fine by me as I was on the front). The ride stated in heavy fog (probably wasn't that bad but I wear glasses ;)). We headed north through Helpston, to a place called Hawthorpe and by the time we got back it was warm sunshine. I'm tempted to out for another ride now I eaten but its greyed over :wacko:

Nearly there

Veteran
Gutted,finished work at 6 this morning and I've not long been up and im still gutted because its splitting the trees out there:sun: 14c perfect cycling conditions imo but I can't ride as I'm back in work in 3hrs :sad: did I mention that I'm gutted

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Lovely ride in the rain on the bike that I spent an age cleaning yesterday :smile:. Caught up with a couple of fellas from the local club who did their best to recruit me.

Was also approached by an old dear who read my jersey and asked if the 'Tour of Britain' on it meant I was going to cycling across Britain.

endoman

Beeley Moor Hill Climb for me. First time and enjoyed it. New levels of pain discovered, and nice to see Gunner winning again despite looking like he wasn't exerting any effort.

Steve H

Large Member
Gorgeous sunny autumn day out there today. I took the missus out last night and we had a few drinks so got a cab home. Gave me a nice excuse to go out for a ride today to collect the car. Just 24 miles, but across some pretty big hills made for a good heart-pumper! Some lovely views across the valleys of Calderdale with the sun picking out all the autumn colours.

D

Deleted member 1258

Jacks Hill Transport Cafe at Towcester the destination, 79 miles the journey, started out in thick fog, and it was cold and damp, but warmed up nicely a couple of hours later as the fog burned off, it was a bit of a slow old slog, I'm a bit off form, have been for a few weeks now, be glad when I get the legs back under me again, I was fading over the last few miles, and a bit on the lumpy side, but a pleasant ride though.

http://bikeroutetoaster.com/Course.aspx?course=473451

Decided to face my hill phobia and took on a lovely route around the local villages. Thanks to my excellent navigating skills, took the wrong turn and ended up cutting my ride short(er) by 7m. Classic!! :blink: So the 25m plan ended up a tat short.. Hey ho! I'm pretty sure I know how to do it properly tomorrow (definitely sure.. almost.. possibly?:scratch:).
Not the best weather either. Grey and drizzly and cold and miserable, but I enjoyed it thoroughly!

HovR

Über Member
55 hilly miles around Gloucestershire in the fog today with the club. A rather eventful ride to say the least.

Starting off from Gloucester, we got maybe 10 miles in and a rider hit a pothole wrong and went down hard. Two more riders went down trying to avoid the crash. First rider suffered nasty scrapes/cuts, second rider's rear derailleur got bent completely out of shape (mech hanger snapped trying to bend it back) and the third rider got off with only bar tape damage.

A few riders stayed with those who couldn't continue, and the rest of us continued on. The largest hill climb on the ride then wiped out a couple of riders, who decided to cut the ride short, and another rider who kept dropping off the back took a direct route to the coffee stop rather than continuing with the group on the longer ride.

On the way back another rider decided to call it a day and get picked up as he was cramping up. Numbers dropped from about 15 at the start of the ride to 4 on the way back from the coffee stop. Hopefully next Sunday will be more successful! :surrender:

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
55 hilly miles around Gloucestershire in the fog today with the club. A rather eventful ride to say the least.

Starting off from Gloucester, we got maybe 10 miles in and a rider hit a pothole wrong and went down hard. Two more riders went down trying to avoid the crash. First rider suffered nasty scrapes/cuts, second rider's rear derailleur got bent completely out of shape (mech hanger snapped trying to bend it back) and the third rider got off with only bar tape damage.

A few riders stayed with those who couldn't continue, and the rest of us continued on. The largest hill climb on the ride then wiped out a couple of riders, who decided to cut the ride short, and another rider who kept dropping off the back took a direct route to the coffee stop rather than continuing with the group on the longer ride.

On the way back another rider decided to call it a day and get picked up as he was cramping up. Numbers dropped from about 15 at the start of the ride to 4 on the way back from the coffee stop. Hopefully next Sunday will be more successful! :surrender:

:eek:

Peculiar ride today, set off in strong sun but temp only just above 6C, after 19 miles decended into a fog bank, temp dropped which was a bit of a shock as it was warming up nicely, but then after climbing [terrifyingly slowly] out of The Vale of Belvoir the fog was left behind but now it was cloudy with only an odd flash of sunlight. Highlight of the ride was seeing a Hobby, and the flapjack :smile:. Strangest thing about today was the lack of cyclists, tea stop was empty, last week they had over 70 before 11am.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Peculiar ride today, set off in strong sun but temp only just above 6C, after 19 miles decended into a fog bank, temp dropped which was a bit of a shock as it was warming up nicely ...
A group of us rode down into a fog bank like that on one of my forum rides last November, and yes - it is a real shock to the system when you have just worked up a sweat in the sunshine!

A group of us rode down into a fog bank like that on one of my forum rides last November, and yes - it is a real shock to the system when you have just worked up a sweat in the sunshine!
Shame for the tea stop though as it is a charity for the hospice and a lot of the revenue is from cyclists.
Feeling it now though Col, my neck can barely support my head, which some might find odd as there is nothing much in my head. Looks like a night of codiene and red wine, might be some strange posts later, I mean even more wierd than my usual contribution :wacko:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom