Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I went on my usual Holme Moss run, except I saw a group of riders in the distance at one point. They turned right, whereas I usually go straight on for a fast downhill at Catshaw , before the cafe stop a couple of miles on at Windmill Nurseries, Royd Moor

[willy wave mode on]So, knowing that the roads would meet in a few miles I decided to chase and passed all 17 riders up the next hill [willy wave mode off]. I did say "hello" to each one I passed :tongue:

They were wearing Emley White Horse Wheelers jerseys, which is one of the local clubs. They'd previously given me an invite to ride with them. However, they arrived at the cafe stop about 15 minutes after I did with a glare in my direction - I guess that offer's been rescinded.

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
66.6 miles with 400BHP and Sport Monkey over the Snake Pass to Hathersage then back over Winnats Pass which at 1:3 at its steepest is not my idea of fun. Sport Monkey rode it on a SS which was going quite well until Winnats bit back with a vengence:evil: .

Just for @Potsy I took an arty photo.;)
I get nightmares at the thought of Winnats pass :wacko:

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
You should have come. You could have brought the fixed. :whistle:
I could'nt even climb the damn thing on the mountain bike ! I kept dipping a toe because the wind kept pushing me over !

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
I could'nt even climb the damn thing on the mountain bike ! I kept dipping a toe because the wind kept pushing me over !

Lol, it is just too steep to be fun. I don't mind long drags where you can get a bit of a rhythm going, but Winnats is too much of a bar chewer for me. It didn't end with, yeah I've done it, it was more just thank f*** that is over.:crazy:

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Another 23 miles this morning with family and friends, a bit of a slower ride but nice, stopped for a coffee and cake, brings my total mileage for the weekend to just over 80 miles, not to bad.^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom