Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
If by some unfortunate chance my doctor is a member of this forum then I did a lovely 5 miles on my fixed, if she isn't [and of course this is when I shoot myself in the foot] I managed my longest ride since the accident, 57 miles at no great speed but felt great.
Really good pictures Skud very atmospheric, come and visit us and bring the camera. Glow worm, lovely to see the countryside I know so well, more pics everyone, I think it is a great incentive to make the trip to ride with others.

51.1 miles, including the Clevedon and District RC Hill Climb up Shipham Hill where I placed 3rd. I took myself up the Gorge after the race and did my usual circuit on top of the hills.

Felt bloody knackered after to be honest, and had to pull myself together to get my daughter to Bristol Hippodrome early this afternoon to see The Lion King!

Glow worm

Legendary Member
Glow worm,is that an airbase in the last big piccy ? Those buildings look very HAS like

They do look very hangar like don't they. I have had awful problems trying to attach pics to that post just now, and as a result they are odd sizes and not the quality I'd have liked. Having checked the original pic, I suspect it could be an optical illusion as there's no airbase there (two are a little further north - Lakenheath and Mildenhall though). From the original, it looks like an unusually shaped belt of trees perhaps, probably under a cloud shadow or something making them stand out a little more - but definately looks like a building in the online pic!

On another note, having read many other posts on this thread, I must admit to feeling slightly embarrassed at suggesting that 300 feet is high up! (I guess it is for these parts though).

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
Just a piddling 6 1/4 miles around Rothley with the GF and another couple plus her instructor from the course she did in the spring. Nice coffee and scone when we got back to the garden centre. I snapped a brake cable part way round so didn't have front brake for last 3 miles, including a couple of downhills.

Need to get it fixed tomorrow morning as I'm teaching (Bikeability) tomorrow afternoon. If I can't get one I'll have to use road bike :whistle:.

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
They do look very hangar like don't they. I have had awful problems trying to attach pics to that post just now, and as a result they are odd sizes and not the quality I'd have liked. Having checked the original pic, I suspect it could be an optical illusion as there's no airbase there (two are a little further north - Lakenheath and Mildenhall though). From the original, it looks like an unusually shaped belt of trees perhaps, probably under a cloud shadow or something making them stand out a little more - but definately looks like a building in the online pic!

On another note, having read many other posts on this thread, I must admit to feeling slightly embarrassed at suggesting that 300 feet is high up! (I guess it is for these parts though).
Amazing what light and shadows can change photographs and the first thought was it being an airbase considering the area you live in.I used to tramp down to Mildenhall a lot for the airshows in the good old days,nice cycling area

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Did a variation on one of my favourite routes this afternoon, which made it hillier but much more picturesque, with some fab descents, including one at 30mph+ with a stunning coastal view to the side, which was extremely distracting and kept causing me problems on the corners. :blush::laugh:

I ended up having to cut the ride short as time didn't stop still for my numerous stops to take photos - dusk was upon me before I knew it and I didn't have suitable lights ... and it turns out that cycling clobber which you think is too warm on an October afternoon isn't anywhere near warm enough once the sun goes down. :cold:

Still, 37 miles all told - with a full complement of blue skies and :sun:

IMG_5253 (800x450).jpg

defy-one

A new personal best on my ride today. 20 miles in 1 hour 12 minutes,with 2 full traffic light stops. Havn't plugged the Garmin in online yet to check ascent and average speed,but it felt GREAT!!!!

This was after 6 days out of the saddle. Guess the rest did me some good :smile:

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
If by some unfortunate chance my doctor is a member of this forum then I did a lovely 5 miles on my fixed, if she isn't [and of course this is when I shoot myself in the foot] I managed my longest ride since the accident, 57 miles at no great speed but felt great.
Really good pictures Skud very atmospheric, come and visit us and bring the camera. Glow worm, lovely to see the countryside I know so well, more pics everyone, I think it is a great incentive to make the trip to ride with others.
Definatly on the "To do" list TF,i am hinting at Mrs Skud for a new camera for Christmas seeing as this one is getting a bit tired and full of dust spots ! Hope you are both recovering well

asterix

Comrade Member
..having enjoyed the recent, excellent pics on this thread, I can see the downside to fast group rides! Not that my pics would be in the same league had I had time to drop out of the peloton!

defy-one

10 easy miles on the new hybrid this morning. Nice to get offroad and bridal paths. Took me 40 mins which wasn't as slow as i feared.
Riding position is very different to the road bike,but i'm planning on chopping 2" off either end of the handlebars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom