Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Get In The Van

got in 21 miles today in blazing sunshine, but i think the sun hadn't paid its bills as there was no heat coming from it :laugh:
think i could be off the road for the next few days as it looks like the sky is emptying its bathwater according to the weather forcast.
boooooooooooooo!:laugh:

RoyPSB

Über Member
Not today, yesterday...

Did the 45m Palace to Palace. Really enjoyed it but a little slower than I hoped to complete it due to the bike traffic. Took about 3hrs 5 mins when one of my normal routes (43 miles) usually takes 2hrs 40. Richmond Park was amazing in the early morning mist!

Now I only ever cycle alone but I was amazed at the drafting effect and how effortless it was when a few of us were riding together. I felt so strong. I'm now really keen to do some group riding.

Bit off a bit more than I could chew by then riding home to Bagshot. Went the wrong way and so ended up having done 63 miles - my furthest yet.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
got in 21 miles today in blazing sunshine, but i think the sun hadn't paid its bills as there was no heat coming from it :laugh:
think i could be off the road for the next few days as it looks like the sky is emptying its bathwater according to the weather forcast.
boooooooooooooo!:laugh:

Better the rain than the "frost soon to become ice" we have been getting here: the gritters have already started :ph34r:

snorri

Legendary Member
It was a fine day for a 23 mile pootle everything seemed in order as I cycled along
Whooper swans arrived for the winter, tick.
Some seasonable snow on the Ben, tick.
Ferry service stopped for the winter, tick.
The bleating of a young lamb :eek: ...what the heck?

Nicobulus

Not today, yesterday...

Did the 45m Palace to Palace. Really enjoyed it but a little slower than I hoped to complete it due to the bike traffic. Took about 3hrs 5 mins when one of my normal routes (43 miles) usually takes 2hrs 40. Richmond Park was amazing in the early morning mist!

Now I only ever cycle alone but I was amazed at the drafting effect and how effortless it was when a few of us were riding together. I felt so strong. I'm now really keen to do some group riding.

Bit off a bit more than I could chew by then riding home to Bagshot. Went the wrong way and so ended up having done 63 miles - my furthest yet.

I did this ride as well, it took me about 3 hrs 20 after setting off at 6:50am. 2.3oC at the time - so quite chilly in Richmond Park and along the Thames. Would recommend that you see if do this next year to try for the earlier start time. Took just over 30 minutes to get to Richmond Park along the Embankment - much quicker than my normal commute of filtering at most lights.

For the journey home, my plan was to cycle back but only made it as far as Egham before grabbing the first train back to London.

Was a great day though - perfect weather for it!

Ron-da-Valli

It's a bleedin' miracle!
Got out of my pit at 6am after seeing the weather forcast as being cold and clear today,perfect Skud ride conditions ! Nothing too giddy,headed down the Bridgewater canal on the fixie towards the Trafford Centre area before hitting the road past the big shops and rejoinding the canal again on part of the Trans Pennine trail.Had a little stop at Sale Water park and did a bit of off roading before heading back via Warburton Toll bridge and home,not sure or too fussed on the mileage because it was an ace ride ! Piccys as ever ........
Bridgewater canal at Worsley
002-5.jpg

003-4.jpg

We have lighthouses on our canals !
005-3.jpg

Canal swing bridge over the Manchester Ship canal
011-6.jpg

Back on the Bridgewater at Stretford
012-7.jpg

Sale/Chorlton water park
015-5.jpg

River Mersey and Potsy land
020-6.jpg

Sale Water park
029-5.jpg

030-6.jpg

Road near Hollins Green
046.jpg
Like the pics of the Bridgewater at Worsley. Back in the 70's when I lived in Leigh, I used to ride my Raleigh Chopper along the canal from Plank Lane pit to Worsley, and marvel at the red water!

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Like the pics of the Bridgewater at Worsley. Back in the 70's when I lived in Leigh, I used to ride my Raleigh Chopper along the canal from Plank Lane pit to Worsley, and marvel at the red water!
You will not recognise Plank lane now ! The flattened all those lovely old building and the hotel a few years back and turned it in to a marina !!!!! Progress eh ?

defy-one

31.2 miles in 2 hours. Damn wind really took it out of me. Especially the last 5!!!
Needed, i mean really needed a slice of cake and a hot cuppa!!!

Berties

Fast and careful!
Hill hunting on a 35 mile blast two 12% hills one twice and one 14% hill up and down ,I love hills!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom