Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Thought I would risk going out in the rush hour from about 3.50 to 5.30, I say risky because I can't easily look behind me, anyway took a few pics, Rutland rush hour is a bit boring.

151012001.jpg

151012003.jpg

151012004.jpg

151012006.jpg

151012007.jpg

151012008.jpg

If you enjoy the hustle and bustle of weaving in among cars, dodging pedestrians and breathing in carbon monoxide then Rutland is probably not for you. Mind you just before I took this last one a buzzard came close to taking my cap off and earlier I saw 2 tractors! 25 miles of silence :smile:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I'm feeling a bit jealous of the great autumn rides you lot are getting in!

I'm still a few months away from being able to cycle again but at least I managed to walk almost normally*** yesterday to meet Steve H in Hebden Bridge town centre on his mid-audax cafe stop.

*** At half my normal walking speed rather than about a fifth, and I only stopped for a rest once on the way out and walked home afterwards without stopping. It doesn't sound much, but it sure beats fighting for what feels like it might be the last breath you ever take, and being laid up in bed for a month afterwards! :thumbsup:

Old Plodder

Living at the top of a steep 2 mile climb

I'm still a few months away from being able to cycle again but at least I managed to walk almost normally*** yesterday to meet Steve H in Hebden Bridge town centre on his mid-audax cafe stop.

*** At half my normal walking speed rather than about a fifth, and I only stopped for a rest once on the way out and walked home afterwards without stopping. It doesn't sound much, but it sure beats fighting for what feels like it might be the last breath you ever take, and being laid up in bed for a month afterwards! :thumbsup:
Glad your getting active again; every little bit helps; all the best.

ColinJ

I'm not sure about Rutland now.......two tractors and a Buzzard seem a bit too lary to ride through !
TF will distract the buzzard, and we will just have to sprint and hope the tractors don't catch us! :thumbsup:

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover

Cannot wait till you are back up and riding Colin,we will make a special "Welcome back to the saddle" ride for you !

ColinJ

But just think how GREAT it will feel once you're back in the saddle.
True - hopefully, it will be in the spring and we get another sunny one!
Cannot wait till you are back up and riding Colin,we will make a special "Welcome back to the saddle" ride for you !
Thanks! It would be great if I were able to do the seaside century in March, but I have to be realistic and that might be too much. We'll see nearer the time.

70 mile club run yesterday with 12 fellow club members down to Lamington, Biggar and back. Unfortunately it was a bit eventful for the wrong reasons as we had a crash about 1/2 way round. 4 of us went down and I had forgotten how sore it is to hit tarmac at about 20mph. No serious injuries but various ripped jackets, tights, shorts etc. Minor damage to bikes such as scuffed levers, seats etc. We were all able to continue and it wasn't until I got home that I discovered I had abrasions and bruising on my right knee, elbow and hip. I'm a bit sore and stiff today but these things happen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom