Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cyclist33

An early morning set off out to York and Selby and back home.
Just a tad of a smidge under 60 miles.

http://ridewithgps.com/trips/972176

60 miles seems such a long way now, I can barely think of doing 20 at the moment!

Stu

Semi official club run of 60 miles. About 20 out including 3 juniors one of whom has potential. Weather was a mixture, some rain, some sun, windy in parts.
Out tomorrow as well as its the first of the club's easy winter runs. Should be about 90 miles for me by the time I cycle up to the start.

ziggys101

Über Member
Cold ride out in the mist, 46 mile up in to the peak district and a lot (for me) of climbing (4200 ft). I struggled on the way back after the hills and was glad to get home :blush:

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I just made a couple of quick trips to places today, but the second one I commited various cardinal sins all at once.

On the second trip, I was going out to pick up some dinner I'd phoned for (a curry, ok?), but it was dark. I went to the garage to get out the bike with lights on, but, the tyres were a bit soft, and I was in a hurry, so I took the other one which hasn't been fitted with lights (stupid, I know, but I've only been using during the daytime so far).

Anyway, there I was with no lights, I was dressed in black, and I don't have a helmet for the bike yet, so, I was 'Super Ninja Plus!!'

In the end I used the pavements when I had too, but luckily it was only a short distance there and back :blush:

Note to self: get some lights!

OP
OP
gbb

gbb

Squire
60 miles seems such a long way now, I can barely think of doing 20 at the moment!

Stu
I'm in pretty much the same place Cyclist, i guess there's times in life you just can't fit it all in, lack the motivation, time, energy, etc etc...
TBF, i always hated the idea of doing say 60 miles...i always baulked at the idea as i planned a ride, but once going, i'd just ride as long as i felt i wanted to. That may be 30, 40, 50, 60 or 80 miles. My choice, no pressure on myself.
Forgot to mention on todays ride..between Fotheringhay and Elton, i rode past a minature but real steam traction engine and trailer, chugging along in the middle of nowhere :huh:...where'd he come from, where was he going i wondered ???
Wierd...

Cyclist33

I'm in pretty much the same place Cyclist, i guess there's times in life you just can't fit it all in, lack the motivation, time, energy, etc etc...
TBF, i always hated the idea of doing say 60 miles...i always baulked at the idea as i planned a ride, but once going, i'd just ride as long as i felt i wanted to. That may be 30, 40, 50, 60 or 80 miles. My choice, no pressure on myself.
Forgot to mention on todays ride..between Fotheringhay and Elton, i rode past a minature but real steam traction engine and trailer, chugging along in the middle of nowhere :huh:...where'd he come from, where was he going i wondered ???
Wierd...

Reminds me of the scene at the start of O Brother Where Art Thou? lol

Yeah me too, I rarely set a target per se, although it more often than not goes that I intend to do a longer outbound run then the shortest route home but actually end up taking a 50% longer way back, which always helps the miles!

Cyclist33

I did a genteel 12 miles today but did get some good photos :-)
13102012_10.2.1.png

Stu

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
I did a total of eighty one miles yesterday.

Sixty nine miles from Leeds to Darlington as a DIY 100km audax when I went over distance. Route: Meanwood, Wetherby, Boroughbridge, Ripon - first pies stop at Appletons, West Tanfield, Bedale - second pie stop at Coburn and Sons, Yafforth, Darlington. I was minding my own business in Bedale when I heard my name called out. It was Andy Southworth, a fellow audaxer who was also doing a DIY audax but a 200km and hillier one than mine. A quick exchange of pleasantries and I left for Darlington with pies in my saddle bag.

The other twelve miles were accounted for by riding from Darlington to Hurworth to share pies with a friend, a ride from Hurworth to Darlington Bank Top railway station and a ride from Leeds station back home.

A couple of pictures from the ride:

IMAG0756.jpg

A portal to another time and relative dimension in space in Wetherby

IMAG0757.jpg

West Tanfield from the bridge over the Ure

D

Deleted member 23692

Did a relatively flat 45 miles this morning, out to the Solway and back. There plenty of puddles and mud on the road, and I don't think I saw one field without a flooded patch in it.

The bike's filthy... why did I buy a white one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom