Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Squire
Short ride today,one of the old railway track jobbies,nice an slow,went to see Spofforth Castle,a fine old place 12 something or other,it would have been stunning in it's time,a very nice old place.
A bit cold on the way back,and i started to really slow down.But all in all i enjoyed it.

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
51 miles through the sussex countryside...lovely sunny day...bit cold but ok really....took some photos of cows and sheep and arundel castle....Bury hill which once seemed like everest to me seemed a mere bump in the road compared to the rockies and apallations etc

AndyPeace

Made my 30 mile today, which is my daily target , cheers to my boss who let me have an extended lunch to cover the bulk of this ride. sadly missed the rain :sad: still try again tommorow :smile:

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
today i had my towny rider hat on for the short jolly into aldi portslade to grab a base layer...heavy stationary traffic, drivers blood pressure through the roof, silly woman on mobile texting, roadworks, nip in nip out, laugh at 'em all sitting there in hell while I'm free!

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Just a short ride into town today to visit the bank. I was however able to time it to coincide with this arriving in town:

DSC00525.JPG

This is "Monarch", one of two stagecoaches which have been doing a tour along one of the old coaching routes and were arriving at the Lion Hotel at the end of their trip for a bit of a do.

DSC00534.JPG

"Nimrod", the other coach about to start climbing Wyle Cop towards the Lion Hotel.

It was a bit of a spectacle and I was fairly glad to be on a bike as the roads were somewhat busy.:smile:

Thomk

Guru
60 miles today on a club run. Beautiful day again except the last few miles where I was drenched. The day was slightly marred by me crashing a bit when an oncoming car moved into the groups lane. I'm OK though apart from a small bit of blood and scraped knee. Helmet saved my life.....(only kidding).

musa

Über Member
65 odd miles London to Brighton
Train back to clapham junction as I write durn

Fecking hell did the beacon kill me

Edit: took off mudguards and it drizzled bike is muddy shins also

Bobario

Veteran
Did a 20 mile route taking in the two biggest hills in my area. After 20 years of riding around at no great speed my average MPH is slowly creeping up. I averaged 13.7 MPH which is fast for me, and would have been faster if I wasnt held up by roadworks, traffic and water spraying up off the road into my eyes as I'd forgotten to attach my front mudguards. I felt very fresh as I havnt been on the bike for 3 days now, but I knew something was wrong as I struggled up the biggest hill on my route and my legs started aching much more than usual. Turned out I'd climbed it in the big chainring rather than the middle one as I usually do. My cadence is also ridiculously high, something in the order of 120-140 rpm. I need to learn to push harder at lower revs.

OP
OP
gbb

gbb

Squire
I'm beginning to feel like a non cycling cyclist, work work work, no time, quite difficult to even part commute to work, so little time on the bike...and it's beginning to show.
34 miles today (my longest in a good while) at 16.2 mph average. Thats not bad in itself, but crikey, i could feel my thighs burning when i pushed hard and toward the end, began to flag a bit on any incline.
Still, recovered ok (listen to me, it was 34 miles, not 64 :whistle:)
Peterborough to Wansford, Kings Cliffe, Blatherwycke, Bulwick, Southwick, Fotheringhay, Elton and back to Peterborough.
Plenty of Red Kite out there, one Buzzard (a big one at that)...nice solid few miles.

Lee_M

Guru
Do not, repeat do not take your brand new carbon out for its first proper ride ... And ride into a parked car... It hurts.

Luckily just a front lever broken.

Unluckily they aren't officially sold individually, only in pairs!

Luckily my lbs is friendly and sold me just one

Unluckily it cost £115

Now, does anyone know how to thread a front gear cable through a carbon frame, cos I can't get the bugger to appear where I want it

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Do not, repeat do not take your brand new carbon out for its first proper ride ... And ride into a parked car... It hurts.

Luckily just a front lever broken.

Unluckily they aren't officially sold individually, only in pairs!

Luckily my lbs is friendly and sold me just one

Unluckily it cost £115

Now, does anyone know how to thread a front gear cable through a carbon frame, cos I can't get the bugger to appear where I want it
Ouch

Lee_M

Guru
Yep that's more or less what I said except with a few more expletives.

Amazing everything is unmarked, except for a scrape on the pedal and on the rear qr.

Bottle cage snapped off and did nothing too

Very very lucky

Then again, a bit of an idiot for doing it

colly

Re member eR

Just an idea, but could you thread a bit of cotton in through the entry and have a vacuum hose around the exit hole. Grab the cotton and pull the cable through.

Might work. :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom