Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My legs haven't felt this sore since I ran my first marathon, had trouble getting down the stairs this morning after the 25 yesterday, nevertheless we did another 29 miles this afternoon. I have plenty of power and I'm breathing easily but boy I am aching everywhere! Wish I could do 100km, trying to get a forum ride organised soon but waiting for clearance from dr_pink.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Only a shortie for us today, despite the gorgeous weather. We rode 13.37 miles locally around the country roads. I have done something to my back and can barely stand up. Interestingly my back doesn't hurt on my bike, only when I am upright.
We climbed a massive 624 feet (we are in Norfolk) :laugh: and averaged 11.5mph as we were not in a hurry, we just wanted to turn our legs.
I am very envious of everyone else's long rides today, maybe I can have a decent ride next week.

hotmetal

I have done something to my back and can barely stand up. Interestingly my back doesn't hurt on my bike, only when I am upright.
That was like me. Friday I could hardly walk, spent half the night awake trying to get comfy, finally fell asleep for about 3 hours. Remembered I had arranged to meet some local CCers for a ride so I forced myself to get up and out on the bike, felt so much better afterwards, it must have loosened something up.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
64 miles on Gerry's Autumn Brevet from Wiggington through the Howardian Hills to Malton and onto Ampleforth, Kilburn and Easingwold then back to base. Glorious weather with lumpy bits of road to challenge me. Coped better than expected and recorded an average speed of 12.9 miles per hour despite nearly 2,000 feet of climbing. I'm no longer the Tail End Charlie on the Wiggington rides. There were fifteen riders behind me. :wahhey:

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
The enemy and I did the wiggle standard sportive today, 66.58 miles, on a cool but sunny day, apart from a bit of fog acroos the moorland. It was a very well organised route, and the New Forest is stunning. I didn't look the new though, to be honest.

Thomk

Guru
What a fabulous day for riding, cool dry and bright and no wind. 6 miles to the gym for a spin class, 21 miles to my parents house for lunch then 27 miles back home. Perfect.

tug benson

Survived the Tour O the borders 2013
A good 45 miles route this afternoon, left alloa, through tullibody, on to bridge of allan, up to dunblane then up over sherrifmuir to blackford, along the back of gleneagles to braco then greenloaning, back up sherrifmuir back over to dunblane then the same roads i cycled in i cycled back to get me home...

http://app.strava.com/rides/24388465

postman

Squire
Just got back from a little tootle of just over 30 miles.I have not been out for a month,lost motivation,but today went out on mtb,it was superb a road ride to Askwith tother side of Otley,then two lattes in my fave cafe.Weather glorious.
Tomorrow towards Knareborough.it has been a breath of fresh air today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom