Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm glad to hear that you are finally back on a bike, TF! I've had neck problems like that and they are a damn nuisance on the bike. I just put up with them and they eventually went away, but I'm sure that treatment or advice from a good physio would speed the process up.

By the time I eventually get back on a bike, my range will probably be 2.5 miles rather than 25, but we all have to start somewhere, eh? :thumbsup:
See GWS thread.

albion

Guru
An 86 miler across Esh Winning way, down Wolsingham and on to Allenheads.
I headed back towards Rookhope, Blanchland keeping Derwent Reservoir on my right returning to Gateshead via Ebchester.
Sunny October days are spectacular with the slowly setting sun towards Allenhads and past Derwent Resrvoir quite impressive.

I did much of tomorrows IMG Pennine Etape so that should also be an impressive day for those taking apart.
I'm not going calling it the Marie Curie Etape. It is chugger IMG who are the prime earners..
Marie Curie really needs to do it properly like the BHF do with theirs.

hotmetal

Set off at half 8 this morning to meet up with some local CCers for a bimble. A bit nippy this morning until the sun had time to wake up. We only went for a 20-ish miler just to help Phil get over his hangover and make Mark buy us all coffee, but were also treated to the unusual sight of morris dancing on Eton Bridge.

Ajay

Veteran
74 miles today with the Garstang Club B run. To Bolton by Bowland via Chipping and Cow Ark, back via Waddington and Longridge Fell.
Gorgeous autumn sunshine, no rain, yay!

Well after 4 months of commuting, I finally felt I was ready to go for a real ride today. Went out with a friend from work. We went out for a spin 4 months ago when I "thought" I was in shape, and man got my butt handed to me. The guys had to wait for me on numerous occasions and the hills nearly killed me. I couldn't even make it back home and had to get a lift.

Well today we did the same route, but different outcome! I had to wait for the guys to catch up to me!!!! 50 km of hills and headwind, and no problems at all. I could have done another 50! The guys were blown away and the level of respect towards me took a HUGE leap forward!

I didn't need any motivation to cycle, but today just made me feel so good about where I am now. My wife even took a few pics before I left, and they brought a tear to my eye. I have dropped a crazy amount of weight, and actually look thin! Needless to say the passion is back and I am going to continue to cycle till I'm in the ground. I just keep thinking what i could do on a road bike and not my hybrid. I plan on buying a cyclocross for a Christmas gift for me,a s I feel I more that deserve it.

PictureorVideo074.jpg

Me last year. I was so fat my daughter couldn't put her arms around me. Weight 248 pounds. THIS picture was my motivation to get back in shape, because I wanted to be around to see my little girl grow up.

noname.jpg

Took this today before heading out. No idea what my weight is, but it's pretty obvious I've lost a lot of weight! No more double neck and the belly is gone, plus my little girl can get her arms around me now!

Am I proud of myself, you bet your butt I am! And if I can do this at 44 years of age, no reason why anyone can't do it. Just stick with it and the results will come.

Berties

Fast and careful!
Well after 4 months of commuting, I finally felt I was ready to go for a real ride today. Went out with a friend from work. We went out for a spin 4 months ago when I "thought" I was in shape, and man got my butt handed to me. The guys had to wait for me on numerous occasions and the hills nearly killed me. I couldn't even make it back home and had to get a lift.

Well today we did the same route, but different outcome! I had to wait for the guys to catch up to me!!!! 50 km of hills and headwind, and no problems at all. I could have done another 50! The guys were blown away and the level of respect towards me took a HUGE leap forward!

I didn't need any motivation to cycle, but today just made me feel so good about where I am now. My wife even took a few pics before I left, and they brought a tear to my eye. I have dropped a crazy amount of weight, and actually look thin! Needless to say the passion is back and I am going to continue to cycle till I'm in the ground. I just keep thinking what i could do on a road bike and not my hybrid. I plan on buying a cyclocross for a Christmas gift for me,a s I feel I more that deserve it.

a big very well done,you have done your self proud

PictureorVideo074.jpg

Me last year. I was so fat my daughter couldn't put her arms around me. Weight 248 pounds. THIS picture was my motivation to get back in shape, because I wanted to be around to see my little girl grow up.

noname.jpg

Took this today before heading out. No idea what my weight is, but it's pretty obvious I've lost a lot of weight! No more double neck and the belly is gone, plus my little girl can get her arms around me now!

Am I proud of myself, you bet your butt I am! And if I can do this at 44 years of age, no reason why anyone can't do it. Just stick with it and the results will come.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Had a rotten day of looking after a poorly child so negotiated a impromptu 20 miles this morning with my delightful wife and really enjoyed myself. It was very foggy though; I couldn't see the Orwell Bridge until I was passing under it!

Darren Jeffrey

Über Member
A measley 13 miles round my area to try and get my Tribans gears running right. Seems to be almost there. Nice day to be out though. Couple of extremely close passes, one in particular by a stupid girl in a crap looking beetle however I had just spat as she went to pass so the rear door caught most of my spit...... I guess there is some justice in the world :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom