Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Took my new bike for a nice 14 mile ride to the pet shop and back (I needed fish food). Its not a 14 mile round trip really but by the time I had added on a couple of "oh I wonder where that road goes" diversions it was. Got home in time for tea too.

Lynnderella

Took my new bike for a nice 14 mile ride to the pet shop and back (I needed fish food). Its not a 14 mile round trip really but by the time I had added on a couple of "oh I wonder where that road goes" diversions it was. Got home in time for tea too.
I love an "adventure ride"! You never know what you might see and find!

Get In The Van

weather is to be good in central scotland this weekend, hoping to get in a few miles tomorrow...

Yep looking good indeed, going to get up early doors tomorrow and get out early for a decent spin, managed to get out today for the first time since Sunday, only18 miles, but gets me warmed up for tomorrow.

tug benson

Survived the Tour O the borders 2013
Yep looking good indeed, going to get up early doors tomorrow and get out early for a decent spin, managed to get out today for the first time since Sunday, only18 miles, but gets me warmed up for tomorrow.

i set off for a good cycle on wednesday, planned on going from alloa, to crieff, along to braco and greenloaning then back to alloa, but i got a bloody puncture at yetts o muckhart, 11 miles in and it wasn`t good at all...tomorrow should make up for it, i plan on going to drymen, up to aberfoyle, up over the dukes pass then back to alloa......think i deserve a few beers tomoorow night

Hip Priest

Veteran
This morning I did my 50 mile loop round Northumberland. It was hellish. I overdressed, sweated my balls off and had a horrible tired ache in my legs every time the gradient crept above 0.01%. I believe it is known as un jour sans. To make matters worse, I was wearing a new pair of tights in which the chamois is HUGE. It's like wearing a f-ing nappy. Consequently, some mid-ride 'bunching up' gave me the dread numbnuts.

Managed 16.1mph average, on a route where I normally nudge 18mph. Now, what is an acceptable time to start drinking hard liquor?

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Nice 20 miler on the fixie before the brood got up this morning to catch the sunrise and the wonderful mist......as ever,enjoy the pics ^_^
Fixie before sunrise
073-2.jpg

Misty
074-1.jpg

Flooded farmland
076-2.jpg

Sunrise about to happen
022-3.jpg

Sunrise
090-2.jpg

024-4.jpg

Alpaca's in the mist
031-5.jpg

Cormarant getting airbourne
036-3.jpg

East lancs cycle path
093-2.jpg

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
Just been out still trying to get used to this cold weather ...think ive been spoilt:whistle:

Lpoolck

Veteran
This morning I did my 50 mile loop round Northumberland. It was hellish. I overdressed, sweated my balls off and had a horrible tired ache in my legs every time the gradient crept above 0.01%. I believe it is known as un jour sans. To make matters worse, I was wearing a new pair of tights in which the chamois is HUGE. It's like wearing a f-ing nappy. Consequently, some mid-ride 'bunching up' gave me the dread numbnuts.

Managed 16.1mph average, on a route where I normally nudge 18mph. Now, what is an acceptable time to start drinking hard liquor?

What route do you take if you don't mind me asking? Still decent average speed. I just come back. Wore a compression top under jersey and even I was a bit hot at times!

Hip Priest

Veteran
What route do you take if you don't mind me asking? Still decent average speed. I just come back. Wore a compression top under jersey and even I was a bit hot at times!

Kingston Park > Stamfordham > Matfen > Ryal > Litte Bavington > Great Bavington > Belsay > Bolam > Whalton > Ogle > Kirkley > Dinnington > Kingston Park.

I had my thick Sealskinz gloves on (which I had to take off after 20 miles), a buff (ditto), a merino sweater, a jersey and a rain jacket. And it wasn't that cold!

Lpoolck

Veteran
Kingston Park > Stamfordham > Matfen > Ryal > Litte Bavington > Great Bavington > Belsay > Bolam > Whalton > Ogle > Kirkley > Dinnington > Kingston Park.

I had my thick Sealskinz gloves on (which I had to take off after 20 miles), a buff (ditto), a merino sweater, a jersey and a rain jacket. And it wasn't that cold!

Might try that route. I normally do my loop a little closer to the coast. Certain places are killer for wind despite it not being windy at all, like today.

defy-one

25 miles on damp roads. A quick hello to the CCSR lads before heading back home.
Hoping to do a longer one tommorow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom