Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

defy-one

Out at 8am sharp with my neighbour for 20 brisk miles around Pinewood,Fulmar,Gerrards Cross,Slough,Windsor,Datchet and home.
Took 1 hour 35 minutes.

This is after the 30 miles we did yesterday on the CCSR :well_pleased!!!

Cheshire Celt

Legend
Out on a sky ride strong plus today up in the Pennines great ride out

Just heard last week our office is relocating, so I went out this morning to see what the ride would be like. Took me about an hour and a quarter mainly along tow paths and cycle lanes. Looking forward to next year when we move and commuting on my bike becomes feasible.

Lpoolck

Veteran
Nice stone flicked up from front tired and straight in mouth as pedalling hard yesterday up hill and in wind at end of my ride. Spat it out no damage done but was a surprise!

AndyPeace

Been keeping to around 30 miles a day but only made 4 miles so far today, Kempsey, BrookEnd, Broomhall, Norton then St Peters and back. 'Had to nip out to get some socks from tesco' was the reason for this journey, though I'd have made better time on the A38 ;) will be sure to be back out latter but have hedges to cut and paperwork to do so doubt I'll have time for more than 10 miles, on my mission to visit my Sister. Incidently the socks seemed a bit pricey, but then I'm still in awe of my Aldi Bargins.

Ron-da-Valli

It's a bleedin' miracle!
Chester & North Wales CTC Presidents ride. 42 breezy miles. A nice social potter with plenty of time to chat to old friends and new. Great day out and even won a box of Quality Street in the raffle. ( Anybody want the toffee ones!).

jayonabike

Powered by caffeine & whisky
Early morning ride. I was out the door by 6.30 a.m. 71 miles around Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire & Buckinghamshire. Stopped for an egg, sausage & bacon roll at 46 miles. Plus 53 miles yesterday means a good weekend on the bike.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
Short and wet but I found a better towpath trip to work

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Ride was cut short today as the other half has been under the weather all week, she thought she would give it a go today but strugled for most of the way so we turned back, we still clocked 27 miles so not that bad, hopefully will be 100% next week.

Circuit of Arran (56 miles) with a group of about 30 from EK Road Club and Athelite Tri Club. Rain went off after 3 miles then it was bright sunshine although pretty windy. Ride turned in to a bit of a "roadies v triathlites" race. Roadies won hands down as our team was better organised with more folk used to riding and working as a group. All good clean fun though.

trampyjoe

The wife wanted to head out for a circuit of Salcey Forest today so we chucked the bikes on the rack and drove down there.
Followed the wife 4.4 miles with the trailer at an average speed of 6mph .. and it was a wonderful ride.
When I got home I changed my rear tube as I appeared to have a slow puncture that stopped at a certain pressure .. turns out the tube was folded back on itself :cursing:

D

Deleted member 1258

A bit of a disaster today. The club ride was to Rosliston, I was doing a lone ride, though I had a route in my head my knowledge of a part of the route was a bit sketchy and I managed to take a wrong turn, ended up in an area I didnt know and got well and truly lost. :sad: after wandering the lanes like a lost soul, I crossed the M6 Toll twice, I found myself on the outskirts of Sutton Coldfield, on trying to work my way back I found myself on a main road heading for Lichfield, I spotted a side road heading for Middleton, a place I knew so turned off and found myself going past the Coppice Garden Centre, a place I knew so I popped in and had a coffee and something to eat in their Patio Coffee Shop before heading home, 61 miles covered and an enjoyable ride, it just didn't go to plan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom