Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

craven2354

Did a nice 24miler had a headwind every direction I turned in haha not my fastest ride but I enjoyed myself :smile:

AndyPeace

Having had only 2 hours sleep, I flumped and took my Dirty Alien for my first commute of the day... I kinda felt guilty so let any real bikes wizz pass me. Got to work only to conclude that the sleep deprivation was a sign of oncoming illness, so sorted out cover for some of my shift and tootled back to my village to visit the doctor. After a 3min consultation she concluded , other than the obvious problems I was alright or at least not contagious, so took 40 winks and beanzed( or farted?) back to work on my regular bike... Felt so much better for riding... Got renamed 'Alice' at work, though I'm not sure why, then cruised home at a snails pace, admiring several new bikes and riders I don't ussually see. Could have been a bad day but somehow it wasn't. Not counting the dirty ride, only 15 miles... but on so little sleep I thought I did ok

AndyPeace

Today I was terror in turtle form! On my way home I nearly ran 2 teenage girls over- though to be fair I didn't really. They were sat cross legged, side by side across a narrow section of a shared path. I did see them and wasn't going that fast... its a path and I thought I was sensible (I am reviewing this opinion). I gave a couple of dings on the bell, thinking they'd move, they did not... so that bad bit of my head said speed up, look agressive, they'll get the message and move. No effect? (I work with kids so my aggresive look is probobly more comical than most). Did a tidy skid a few feet form them followed by a track stand ( I felt a1 cool) whilst I pointed out to them I wouldn't be the one who got hurt (after all I'd have their soft heads to land on). The one girl shuffeled her ass about two inches to the side and I passed... all of us laughing.

Really I don't think I was at speed today, I'm off colour at the moment, at least thats what I'm saying. Then on a seperate shared path I ended up playing chicken with another cyclist (at actual chicken speed), both of us assuming the other would move over to the other side of the broad empty briddle path ( we were both hard over to the left ,well his right my left) Both came to a stop, almost forget to unclip...which would have added to the hummor and appologised to each other- no hugs and kisses though.. To be fair I probobly should have moved over to the other side as he was coming up a slope and I always think its the polite thing to do when someone is coming up a slope ( not sure I can talk about politeness after my efforts today)- d'no why I didn't today... unsure if this is because I'm off colour , just the onset of a mid-life crisis, or possibily a mutation happening from being secretly posioned at work. I am a Ninja Turtle!

tug benson

Survived the Tour O the borders 2013
Planned on going from alloa over to falkland and do the hill over there then it was my plan to go from leslie to kinross over the cleish hill to dunfrmline then do the cycle path back to alloa from dunfermline, but got outside kinross and i could see the storm clouds and i thought to myself i aint for cycling through that bloody rain so i decided to head over the cleish hill, over to dunfermline over the forth road bridge then head along to bo`ness but as i was cycling to the cleish hill i got caught in the rain, it was wet all the way from the cleish hill to bo`ness, i hit grangemouth and the place was dry, it hadn`t had a bit of rain, so i had a good ride from grangemouth along the cycle path to the kincardine bridge, over the bridge and back to alloa.....i felt i could keep going but the rain and the cold had got the better of my toes...

ended up doing 64.4 mile, heres my ride, i really enjoyed it when the sun was out

http://app.strava.com/rides/22699618

sdr gb

Falling apart
A bit chilly first thing this morn when I set off on a 60 mile round trip to Cannon Hall. Not much wind around but plenty of :sun:. Had to use self control as coming back through Holmfirth, there was a food and drink festival on and some of the smells from the stalls were very tempting

Then around half a mile from home, I donated a spare tube to 3 riders were stood at the side of the road. One of them had a puncture but between them they didn't have a replacement tube or puncture kit.:angel:

Thinking about it, this ride would make a good forum outing for next year. Need to tweak the route a bit and sample some more of the delights in the cafe to check it meets the standards required for CC members.

D

Deleted member 23692

Only 27 miles of undulating country lanes covered today. Very little wind and quite warm (despite a frosty start) when in the open, but very nippy when in the shade. Hardly any traffic around too, which is always a bonus :smile:

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Twenty eight miles. Pootled over to a friends house in Middleton where he joined me for a ride along the Aire and Calder Canal using the Trans Pennine Trail and pedalled through Swillington, Methley and Castleford before catching a train back to Leeds - my pal is not up to more than twenty miles at the moment.

A nice ride out and into bits of Yorkshire that are new to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom