Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

defy-one

Does a garmin work in the pocket. Great news if it does. I have this mental block that says i must be riding at over 15mph always!!!!
When i see it go down to single figures (hills) .... My heart sinks :weird

MattHB

Proud Daddy
I have a custom screen set up on cyclemeter that just shows me averages. It relieves the pressure in my head a lot :biggrin:

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Today's ride was a 50 mile hilly club run, 4700ft climbing, really not my kind of ride (I am not one for the hills), but I held on, managed to beat my pb up the Mellor climb by 2 mins too! Unfortunately the group splintered into two groups after the 1st two climbs, I was attached to the faster group of 4 riders who didn't want to wait around for the second group as it was pretty chilly, I was very tempted drop off to wait up for the second group, but being unfamiliar of the area and unsure if we were even on the right route, I figured I would try to cling onto the faster lads for the remaining climbs rather than risk not seeing another person all day. I was definitely forced worked hard but I am feeling pretty fresh now, not like last week when I was blown to bits by the end.

That takes my weekly total to 220 miles, 11,100ft climbing this week.

craven2354

Today's ride was a 50 mile hilly club run, 4700ft climbing, really not my kind of ride (I am not one for the hills), but I held on, managed to beat my pb up the Mellor climb by 2 mins too! Unfortunately the group splintered into two groups after the 1st two climbs, I was attached to the faster group of 4 riders who didn't want to wait around for the second group as it was pretty chilly, I was very tempted drop off to wait up for the second group, but being unfamiliar of the area and unsure if we were even on the right route, I figured I would try to cling onto the faster lads for the remaining climbs rather than risk not seeing another person all day. I was definitely forced worked hard but I am feeling pretty fresh now, not like last week when I was blown to bits by the end.

That takes my weekly total to 220 miles, 11,100ft climbing this week.

thats some climbing :smile: congrats

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Mine was a run around one of my regular routes but including some of the roads I used yesterday. The route was Condover, Ryton, Longnor, then I doubled back towards Acton Burnell before heading to Cound Moor and rejoining yesterdays route.

It was a bit windy (Met Office says it was 19mph average here) so I struggled on some sections but I felt the benefit once past Longnor and enjoyed an effortless 20+mph run into Acton Burnell^_^.

Exactly 24 miles at 12.9mph average speed. Happy with that considering the wind

DSC00475.JPG

Concord College - Acton Burnell. (Bit fuzzy - my camera phone doesn't have a good zoom.)

DSC00476.JPG

Cound. The houses look Tudor but are actually Edwardian.

DSC00477.JPG

The straw is being gathered in at the moment. Does it show?

45.4 miles: Clevedon - Yatton - Congresbury - A38 - Shipham Village - Cheddar Gorge - Castle of Comfort - Priddy Crossroads - Cheddar Gorge - A38 - Axbridge Hill - Congresbury - Yatton - Clevedon.

Managed the ride in 2h 20m with an average speed of 19.4 mph. Top speed achieved was 45.6 mph and cadence was an average of 76 rpm, the maximum being 118 rpm.

Very happy with the time and average today given the hilly nature of the route - Shipham Village, Cheddar Gorge, Axbridge and Sidcot (A38) and that's not to mention the one I live on and various other examples of south-west lumpery.

Get In The Van

Wet and windy was my journey today, just under 24 miles, the driving wind and rain at points was sore to ride in, along the A70 between Harburn and Carnwath was the worst bit, up high and exposed to the elements, avg speed was just under 14mph, not too bad when the wind was blowing at 17-18mph.......mostly into my face:laugh:
climbed upto 1034ft.
best part was getting home and just standing in the shower, worst part, the sun is now splitting the sky! grrrrr:laugh:

Glow worm

Legendary Member
A nice easy 21 mile amble across the Cambs flatlands via the Lodes Way to a place called Upware, (home to the Five Miles from Anywhere pub) then on to Kingfisher Bridge Nature Reserve. (Not much about except a hobby and small numbers of swallows and martins heading south). Had the whole reserve to myself with good views across to Ely Cathedral (pictured - just!). Barrelled along to get there with a strong tailwind, though pretty slow coming back via Wicken Fen, Reach and Swaffham Prior. At least the sun came out.
Ely from Kingfisher Bridge.jpg

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
29.5 miles the longest for a long while, been a bad year for miles this year...

though my main observation & post wa,s was everybody watching the tour of britain mid afternoon?

apart from a couple of 'locals on bikes' - who are of cousre part of the broad church of cycling
the only other cyclists I saw where a couple on a tandom outside the chippy at Beeford
2072998.jpg

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Did Bolton's first Skyride today which although a lot smaller than the Manchester event was nice.Met Mr HappyCylist and saw Olympic gold medalist Jason Kenny and his postbox.Weather was dry at first but i got moist at the end and on the way home ! Enjoy the pics
Town centre
BoltonSkyrideSept2012026.jpg

Chorley New road
BoltonSkyrideSept2012029.jpg

Jason Kenny
BoltonSkyrideSept2012030.jpg

Mad looking Penny Farthing
BoltonSkyrideSept2012031.jpg

Future family transport ????
BoltonSkyrideSept2012036.jpg

Jason Kenny buggering off into Bolton Town hall
BoltonSkyrideSept2012040.jpg

Certain fixie and "That" post box
BoltonSkyrideSept2012042.jpg

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Seventy two miles in total over the weekend - 65 miles to Darlington via Otley, Ripon and Thirsk for a 100km DIY Audax yesterday and seven miles pedaling to Darlington Station from my firends parents' house and home from Leeds Station today after seeing several bands and Andy Fairweather Low play in Darlington's market square..

Berties

Fast and careful!
Well I am a day late,reason I had a man down,
Turned up at 9 yesterday for a local club run,turned out I was billy no mates,on my jack,no one else arrived,so I hit off did a hard hour with a 19 average couple of nasty hills slowed the pace and headed towards my sons rugby club to show my face ,came round a bend and 4 chaps in the middle of the road spacing to the left they saw me and moved to the right
,I then kept
Left and went straight towards a barrier gate ,it smacked my left arm on the way down,Slide about ten foot on my left side ,got up bike was ok I felt ok ,a bit of gravel rash etc,any how saw the boy play then hit off home another 30 miles with again with some tricky hills,got home showered massive lump on arm and today just feel like I've been beaten up ,other than that a good 60 mile ride good weather

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom