Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

betty swollocks

large member
Untitled 7.jpg

Saw a bloke cycling the A50 towards Knutsford on a large unicycle:eek: . Hey each to their own.^_^
There's a guy who turns up at our Parkrun on one from time to time, 5km off road - nutter :wacko:^_^

scaled.php

asterix

Comrade Member
Was trundling along this narrow lane when a vehicle arrived behind. I was surprised it didn't overtake and I pulled in when there was room, at a T, and slowed to let it by. It was a huge 4x4 which was why it didn't pass earlier. Most unusual in this bit of rural France. Got a big wave of thanks for my trouble.

Did c. 3hrs. It was 30c but nice and fresh, not humid.

111 miles today along the TPT to Southport and back, great company from fellow CC'ers 400bhp, Edwards80, Ilikeskol and sport monkey.
Cracking ride with great weather, some good pit stops including a very friendly cafe stop at Sainsbury's and a fish and chip lunch in Southport.
Very busy in Southport due to the Airshow being on, definitely a route I'd do again :thumbsup:
View attachment 12447 View attachment 12448 View attachment 12449 View attachment 12450 View attachment 12451 View attachment 12452 View attachment 12453
Cracking stuff, but who's who in the cafe photo?

jim55

Guru
done the pedal for scotland ,47 mls ,a good day ,no mishaps that i seen ,kudos to the guys pulling kids along with a tagalong thing

jim55

Guru
done the pedal for scotland ,47 mls ,a good day ,no mishaps that i seen ,kudos to the guys pulling kids along with a tagalong thing

defy-one

A personal best at 9am this morning. 15 miles in 50 minutes and an everage speed of 17 mph.
Guess all that commuting has improved my Defy 1 booster rocket :-)

potsy

Rambler
Cracking stuff, but who's who in the cafe photo?
L-R 400bhp, sportmonkey, potsy, ilikeskol, edwards80 :thumbsup:
Cafe stop 1.jpg

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
56 miles today, the other halfs longest ride,and she was not the slowest up Mott street had a couple of guys behind her could not beleive she beat them to the top, am really proud she is really getting into it.

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
Gave the Brampton Valley Way a go between Northampton and Market Harborough. It was nice and sunny so way too many families out walking,dog walkers and a few horses made keeping average speed up difficult. The tunnels were pretty fun, the floor is quite wet, slippy, with potholes and puddles. Id expected 3 magicshines to make it boring and lit up but the tunnel walls were black and soot covered so it was still really dark. :smile: Stopped in Market Harborough for some food and a pint :cheers:, then headed back the same way in the dark. Really good fun blasting down the path in the dark and quite exciting on the looser bits of gravel at speed without mtb tyres :crazy:

Strava reckons about 45 miles, second longest ride and my legs feel fine and even a fraction of the no doubt over-estimated 3500 calories would be good for burning off my belly :smile: I've also decided that a pocket full of Jelly Worms (natural confectionary co) are my new favourite energy source, much better than Jelly Babies and you can still bite the snakes heads off ;)

Edwards80

Über Member
Rode out to Chelford today to watch the intermediate sprint in the tour of Britain. Good atmosphere and was cool to see them in the flesh.

My photos unfortunately appeared to catch cav picking his nose.

Pub lunch with the club and a gentle ride home. Got a great tow off one of the lads who was towing a Burley trailer ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom