Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
I rode 27 miles to the farm to get some eggs, but they had run out :cry:

potsy

Rambler
Rode to Tatton park, a smidge over 19 miles, cold,damp conditions but the roads were quiet and the drivers that were out behaved very well.
Not been out since last Friday so was blowing a bit on the ups, most enjoyable though.
P1000708.JPG P1000709.JPG P1000710.JPG P1000707.JPG

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Took the road bike out today for the first time in a couple of weeks and had a fantastic ride. Superb conditions: no sun but lovely and mild and the roads were dry enough to get some speed up, especially on the downhill stretches, though I didn't risk it on the corners.

37 miles in total, which means I've passed this year's cycling target with over a week to spare :wahhey:

On a spur of the moment, I decided to take advantage of the mild weather and head up the Logie Kirk Road (just a few days ago it would have been covered in snow/ice). The ride took me into Dunblane and I saw a sign for a cathedral, curiosity got the better of me so I decided to have a look.
Image0176.jpg

Came back through Bridge of Allan, at which point I was glad I was on a bike, the town was jammed with traffic and I actually made use of the farcilities.
Then I headed to the Loganlea cafe for a coffee and scone before I got there on a quiet rural road I had to turn right, looked (there's a wvm in the distance), signalled strongly and moved to the middle of the lane. I'm glad I done a life saver to my amazement WVM was pushing through fast. Full of the festive spirit :rolleyes: In general however I think drivers were full of the non alcoholic kind; I had several drivers wait behind me on relatively straight wide roads, until I found a layby to let them pass :smile:
After a long coffee stop I remembered there was one road I pass often but I'd never been down, so I took a little detour.
After that I ended up doing 73 miles; I was tempted to go out for another two but it was getting late (well that's my excuse anyway ;))

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
3 miles in the rain:whistle:

MattHB

Proud Daddy
My ride was horrid. I left home in the rain, cos I was climbing the walls and GF was having a nap. I knew it was a bit blowy but met office said it was sws so I thought I'd go down my 20 mile easy ride that runs east to west, then opposit on the way back.

Damn wind went round to a full headwind gusting upto about 30mph :eek: called it short and dived off down a short cut home and finished on 13.5. Woosed out I know but I'm kicking a cold and it was torrential rain as well.

Damn wind, I hate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom