Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Sometimes, those short rides can be just as enjoyable, maybe more so.
This is true. And the dog really does love coming out with me, especially with all the puddles on the side of the road for her to leap in. :rolleyes:

46 miles today (sans dog). Raining and cold on the way out, but with a handy tailwind. A mix of rain and sun on the way home (still cold), made less enjoyable by the headwind and occasional sidewinds.

albion

Guru
Mid afternoon sunshine meant I did more than expected.
Into Newcastle across to Newburn up towards Darras Hall then Belsay, Ogle and Stannington before heading back south.

The sun went down just as I finished a wind free 48 miles.

A really Icy 52 miles for me warmed up by some great company, and probably amazingly wine fuelled, we all got home safely :rolleyes:
392189_219864591423286_100001992399431_507076_2028914243_n.jpg

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
35 miles from Dewsbury to Holmfirth. NCN66 was icy though, so came back via the road. Not many out though, probably 'cos of the black ice.

Sid's Cafe at Holmfirth was as friendly as usual.

D

Deleted member 1258

55 miles this morning, was supposed to be a club run but looked at the icy road when I got up and decided to do a lone ride. I rode out to Wellesbourne by the scenic route and took the scenic route back. the temperature was about freezing or just below when I set out but had made 4-5 degrees by the time I got back, the main roads were clear but the lanes were covered in hoar frost which was hiding frozen puddles and other nasties and had cleared by the time I was riding back in. I was on the fixed and was getting some minor wheel spin on some of the more slippery hills. All in all a good morning out though it was a cold slow and hard ride.

http://bikeroutetoaster.com/Course.aspx?course=335905

endoman

40 odd miles with club. Very icy in places, had to get off and push up some 15% gradients as zero traction. Couple of guys had low speed falls.

Over the tops was interesting riding on snow and ice. Climbs are getting a bit easier for me now, managed to stay with one other guy on the Beeley climb, and left one other behind. Chilly but feet thawed out in cafe halfway. Bike now cleaned and mounted on turbo cos I doubt I'll be out on it again this side of Christmas.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
25 miles Kent Lanes blast this afternoon.
Bit nippy out there but the roads were nice and dry. Not much traffic either so a lovely solo pootle.

A nice 20 miler for me today. Temperature low and greasy roads made for a slow poodle.

Out with a mate who has just started cycling as a way of cross training to go with his running.

Plenty of time to chat and catch up, something that we don't usually get time for. This cycling lark is great.

snorri

Legendary Member
By the time I had cleared the snow off the garden paths I realised it was no day for leisure cycling. I have still to hit my target miles for the year yet, still achievable but only if the weather permits.:smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom