Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
35 lumpy icy miles, not cold enough for full fingered gloves yet but may need thicker socks.

OP
OP
gbb

gbb

Squire
Any mileage is good mileage at the moment. Determined to get out this morning and felt almost 'anxious' preparing, there's been so little mileage these last few months.
Once out, southerly wind, a bit blowy but not too bad, temps are ok, so set off due south.
Sat a little distance behind another couple of roadies, one slowed somewhat at a local hill, the other romped ahead, i maintained distance with him, then realised he's on a SS at the top. Obviously fitter than i.
One Jay, rather large one, two Red kite, one of them probably the biggest ive ever seen...nice few miles with a tailwind, felt ok when i got home despite my meagre time on the bike lately.
20 miles, no biggie, happy to get out there.

Eoin Rua

Don't know why I decided to forego the overshoes - feet were damp and numb within 10 mins, still managed to bash out 51 miles, turned really wet the last 10. First long ride on the new bike - still trying to formulate an opinion, however even though the frame is bigger (60 I think) it's shorter and the bars are narrower than my old Allez so I'm not reaching as much and my back didn't give me any bother, always a plus!

snorri

Legendary Member
A fine day for a 20 mile loop, not much snow left on the roads, and not too cold with several layers on. Saw some spectacular skid marks on a steep bank beside the road caused by a driver who was obviously unaware the roads were icy earlier. :rolleyes:

A complete contrast in weather from yesterday and the day of hurricane bawbag; today was still, bright and dry so I got out with the club for 46 miles to Corrieri's Cafe, for a change though I didn't have cake but a scrambled egg roll :rolleyes: .

75k. Feet just thawed out. First 10k felt terrible..by end of run starting to motor along with all the. Xmas shoppers. Feet so cold I didn't have a shower...took half hour last week for pain to go from blood rush. Sleet snow and soaked thru but better for it. Hot whiskey planned for later.

Norry1

Legendary Member
Just a 20 miler this evening - absolutely hammered down, rivers of water on the roads. Tried out my new Magicshine in the country lanes which seemed to work well. The fords were 6-12 inches deep. Strangely enjoyable ride.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
20 miles exploring the still-undiscovered glories of Plumstead to add a few more roads to my impossible ride every road project (80 sq miles so far in a circular area around home). With a t-shirt, 2 merino layers and 2 winter jackets I was never going to get cold. And although I got wet, the only negative was that some downhill stretches were treacherous in a greasy wet kind of way. I'm now congratulating myself with a brandy - I need my rewards...

OP
OP
gbb

gbb

Squire
Only 6 miles. In the rain. With the dog. Ah well, she had fun.
Sometimes, those short rides can be just as enjoyable, maybe more so.
Circa 12 miles for me this evening, just a blast round town, hardly any wind, just very slightly chilly...thoroughly enjoyed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom