Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

brokenflipflop

Veteran
Hills also today (it seemed hilly to me anyway). 8 of us did 45 miles from Bolton and back via Haslingden, Darwen, Rivington. Rivington Barn was too packed to bother getting any coffee and cake
angry.gif

I've only been cycling 5 minutes but best day so far - no wind, sunny and great fun.

Attachments

• angry.gif
    angry.gif
    253 bytes · Views: 29

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Another day in Epping forest, found some new trails, bit on the muddy side bikes caked in it, but great fun, the wife is getting used to her new bike, confidence growing, only managed 16 miles on the road bike though, spending to much time in the forest.

Mrbez

A quick 15 mile ride for me today. Felt great, it was good to get out, until I came to a hill and a cyclist from nowhere just shot past me sat down whilst I was grinding away... :-/

brokenflipflop

Veteran
A quick 15 mile ride for me today. Felt great, it was good to get out, until I came to a hill and a cyclist from nowhere just shot past me sat down whilst I was grinding away... :-/

So you went up Chorley Old Road as well - he went past me too
smile.gif

Attachments

• smile.gif
    smile.gif
    262 bytes · Views: 30
D

Deleted member 1258

An excellent mornings cycling, a trip to Desford and Tropical Bird land. A bit chilly when I left at about a quarter to nine this morning, but warmed up nicely as the morning progressed, in the end I was over dressed. As I was locking my bike up outside the Cafe I could see a blue Macaw sunbathing on the roof of the cafe. Came back through Kirby Mallory, Sutton Cheney, Shenton and Atherstone. 55 miles covered and an excellent mornings cycling in the autumn sunshine.

http://bikeroutetoaster.com/Course.aspx?course=326427

What a lovely day, out in my shorts! Alright, I wore a winter jacket and a big part of the reason I wore not pants was the bloody drier being broken, but that's another story. My legs were fine, honest.

Chickened out on climbing today and took a fast run down to Bridgwater on the A38, took the Glastonbury road and double-backed through East Harptree, on to Wedmore and then Cheddar where I rejoined the A38. 60 miles and after the week I've had, I'm not ashamed to say I got the bonk at just over 45.

And the wind heading north on the way home...? I got my head down.

OP
OP
gbb

gbb

Squire
Precious little time for riding lately but the withdrawal symptoms kicked in today, tetchy and lethargic, so out for an hour tonight..brilliant. Even circa 15 miles is well worth it, just to blow away the cobwebs.

D

Deleted member 1258

A superb days cycling, left Cov about quarter to eight to ride to Nuneaton, hopped on the train to Oakham, met up with the Forum lads, seven of us, for a 40 mile easy ride round Rutland and Linconshire, that ended up as 50 miles, a stop at the Windmill Cafe, then the ride into Oakham and the train to Nuneaton, then the ride home, got home about quarter to five having done 70 miles.

https://www.cyclechat.net/

I went on the DCC bun run as usual but this wasn't usual on the way to the start I got 1/4 overtaken on the dual carriageway and the driver started to drift into my lane, no biggie but annoying (note to driver when your a 1/4 past a cyclist, they don't magically disappear. It left me wandering what else would happen; I didn't have long to wait. A club mate joined me at the glen and as we got to the top, clunk, his rear dérailleur snapped in two. A while later nearing Longannet, there was a loud explosion, a pinch :sad: I was quite disappointed it sounded more impressive than it actually was ;). Further down the line we took a shortcut down a steep back road, being a descending wuss with the surface being muddy/ gravelly and potholed I was on the brakes the whole way. Then I heard the sound I didn't want too hear, the two riders behind came down after fixing chains I don't think folk were too bad other than the usual grazing and at least its winter so folks had more layers before skin. Speaking of winter, it was actually almost a return to summer :sun: I think my calves got burnt ;)

Breedon

Legendary Member
The first time in about 8 months ive been on a long ride for me anyway 34 miles just getting back into cycling so didnt want to push my self to much, with an avg speed of 16 mph well happy with that.
weather was lovely, sunny and warm enjoyed every bloody minute :biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom