Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
42 miles in the autumn sunshine on my new Bonty tyres. Sadly, I couldn't get out until around 2ish otherwise it would have been an epic one BUT... can't complain. I've been out four times since tuesday this week, averaging around 40 miles a time.

Today, up the Burrington Coombe, along to the Priddy crossroads, double-backed and down the Gorge and up the Shipham Hill to rejoin the A38 back home.

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Epic crash on the first lap of me first race of the year. Bloody good fun though my right shoulder and left leg are wierd.

Hope everything's back to normal this morning.

How's the bike?

Christopher

Über Member
GWS Dan! Bet that was CX at Boggart Hole Clough! I've been having some er, mental health issues and am not sure I am up to CX this year, although will attempt the Otterspool race on the 29th if I feel up to it - I love that course.
Anyway rode in this AM on the fixed and was feeling a lack of fitness after not riding for a while - am stuggling to get on top of even a 42x17. Lots of squirrels out now and the leaves are really coming off the trees. It was a nice commute, mangaged to dodge the rain...

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
Hope everything's back to normal this morning.

How's the bike?

Nope Shoulder's still wierd- feels like i've slept on it for a week. Bike just shrughs and laughs at me though- unlike the last one......

Attachments

• kaffenfarked.jpg
    kaffenfarked.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 58

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
GWS Dan! Bet that was CX at Boggart Hole Clough! I've been having some er, mental health issues and am not sure I am up to CX this year, although will attempt the Otterspool race on the 29th if I feel up to it - I love that course.
Anyway rode in this AM on the fixed and was feeling a lack of fitness after not riding for a while - am stuggling to get on top of even a 42x17. Lots of squirrels out now and the leaves are really coming off the trees. It was a nice commute, mangaged to dodge the rain...

Wondered where you'd got to Chris- get turning a bigger gear and i'll see you at Otterspool!

albion

Guru
Checked the forecast this morning. Dry everywhere, sunny all day, south winds turning south west later in the afternoon.Well that was far too good a day to waste indoors so I headed into Newcastle and west along the Tyne.Hardly a cloud all day and I ended up in Gilsland where I headed back along some of the Miltary Road.95 miles in all. A bit too noticeable near home but it was picture postcard stuff. Autumn often makes things looks incredible when the suns out.

It was just the usual DCC bun run today, I think most folk are racing tomorrow or doing the Dunfermline Sportive so it was a nice relaxed pace. The wind were strong 17-23mph with 30mph gust (according to the met) but they were SSW and we were only going directly into them mostly downhill with a little bit on the flat. There was an interesting van parked outside our cafe stop :rolleyes:
307245_2372369040739_1595937874_2405462_492874150_n.jpg

OP
OP
gbb

gbb

Squire
Life's getting in the way of cycling :angry:
Hardly any mileage last week, i've got too many outstanding jobs and things to do, i could feel myself getting 'uptight' this morning so despite the strong'ish winds...out for a 21 miler, better than nothing eh.

2 Red Kite and nowt much else worth mentioning, barring a stupid moment on the start of a fairly short steep hill...i was (unknowingly) on the 12T at the back, switched into the small ring on the front, chainlines all wrong, chain just sat between the 50 and 40 and i'm sat spinning, going nowhere. Had to get off, reset all the gears by spinning the pedals and switching gears, then back on...

Back home...and on with all those things you should have been doing :biggrin:

4 times up long Hill from Whaley Bridge, well actually I only went up once, Mrs TF went up at race pace testing two different bikes out while I did the stop watch thingy
Cuppa.gif
. That was a tough headwind @20mph, but think we have made a decision on which bike for the National Hill Climb next Sunday.

Attachments

• Cuppa.gif
    Cuppa.gif
    8.3 KB · Views: 28

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
4 times up long Hill from Whaley Bridge, well actually I only went up once, Mrs TF went up at race pace testing two different bikes out while I did the stop watch thingy
Cuppa.gif
. That was a tough headwind @20mph, but think we have made a decision on which bike for the National Hill Climb next Sunday.

I'd go with the Suzuki 250.....

Attachments

• Cuppa.gif
    Cuppa.gif
    8.3 KB · Views: 29

Orange

Gentle 14.44 mile loop in 1hr 33 min - Mrs Orange tagging along on her mountain bike. Dull and windy but the wind was not cold; still OK for shorts and T-shirt.

One very large but dead squirrel, several pancaked hedgehogs. Only two other roadies spotted today, both wearing vivid pink, both on the Mawsley road and going in opposite directions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom