Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 1258

Last geared ride of this year, the geared bike goes in the shed tonight and I'm on fixed till spring, 74 hard miles, got to the cafe and the only group in was the intermediate group, the family group had gone elsewhere, so it was a lone ride today, the wind made it hard and the wet but drying road made it slippery in places on the way out, it had dried out nicely on the way home. Not the most enjoyable mornings cycling but it was good fun.

albion

Guru
I'm sticking more to roads for winter. Shaded areas just refuse to dry so the rail tracks may be a pain.Light winds and sunshine all day so with an early start I took the main route north to Bellingham via the Sweethope Loughs/ Redesmouth road.That road is currently closed to traffic which is great for Sunday bikes. Back home was via the scenic route 10 and 77 miles in all. Very much a pleasure in what often seems the best time of the year.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Mrs A_T came with me again today.... just over 9 miles but tackled her first proper hill... got to the top without stopping- very proud!

brokenflipflop

Veteran
50 miles today around Bolton/Chorley.

Late start as one of the group had forgotten his helmet,gloves and glasses so I got my wife to drive my spares to our meeting place for him to use.

Cafe break at Rivington was full of cyclists. A coffin dodger was buggering about trying to prop his bike up on the railings near my bike. Yep, whacked my bike once, yep keep going Grandad, yep whack it again, and again.....now watch it fall over. Don't bother picking it up right away, carry on fannying about with your bloody audax first and then pick my bike up...JEEEEZ !

On the way back nursed a newbie in our group back who had bonked going up Belmont.

All in all not a bad day. I'm most proud of biting my tongue whilst Captain Birdseye attempted to destroy my ride withing 6 feet of me and my mates
biggrin.gif

Attachments

• biggrin.gif
    biggrin.gif
    514 bytes · Views: 21

Glow worm

Legendary Member
An nice easy 12 mile loop, first to Angelsey Abbey, then through Lode and on out across the fen to join the fantastic new (and largely traffic free) Lodes Way route, over the newish Swaffham Bulbeck Lode bridge and then a visit to the new bird hide on Reach Fen, dodging the inquisitive cattle. The hide is clearly being used by owls as there were plenty of mice bone and skull ridden pellets dotted about the place. Then on up to Swaffham Prior, via a remarkably unmuddy bridleway, past the Red Lion pub and on home. I managed to persuade Mrs G to come with me but made the schoolboy error of telling her the route would be about 6 miles in an effort to get her on her bike. I don't think she'll be joining me again in a hurry :whistle:

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Saturday afternoon spent on the trails through Epping Forest good fun, met a group who ride it regular so going to give it a go with them, should be good,
Sunday morning a quick 10 miles on the road bike, had to get back home for my daughter, took one of the grandchildren out to the park, finally got her ridding on 2 wheels, afternoon spent in trent park with the wife on the mtbs, all hills am knackerd, great weekend.:-)

MattHB

Proud Daddy
Was a family's today so not much chance. But I did ride home from the gf's in the rain/dark. Had a crappy front light and a good back one. But was all lit roads. Have to say it was BRILLIANT. Only 5 miles all downhill but lots of fun
biggrin.gif
Can't believe I've left it this long to pick up the sport. All that time I've missed.

Attachments

• biggrin.gif
    biggrin.gif
    514 bytes · Views: 28
Had a good ride out with some mates (4 of us) to the excellent Cafe Luisa in Dunipace, great ride and great company. The muppets were out in force however, we had a couple of idiots behind us on narrow roads and before we could even single up they pushed through, the one that sticks in my mind was WVM parping his horn continuously but not slowing down or deviating his path, he must have only been inches from my bars. Another idiot was through the village of Torryburn where the biatch in the oncoming car crossed on to our side late at the road narrowing and stayed there coming straight at us :-( I think thats one story that would have been on the news if she'd killed us one of our riders is a quite famous Scottish media personality.

Christopher

Über Member
Up Gisburn Forest on Saturday. Did the red trail with two people from work. I was riding a CX bike and was fine until we attempted Hully Gully. I lost the front on a muddy slope and sailed down the slope and smashed into the bottom face-first. Several cuts and bruises, small cut over eye, cracked helmet, smashed glasses and stiff neck. No real harm done though. Bike's fine. My own fault, really, for riding a file tread front at 60 psi - no grip on mud. Least I didn't end up in hospital this time. Thought I had broken my arm at first. Took an age to ride back along the fireroad...

brokenflipflop

Veteran
Up Gisburn Forest on Saturday. Did the red trail with two people from work. I was riding a CX bike and was fine until we attempted Hully Gully. I lost the front on a muddy slope and sailed down the slope and smashed into the bottom face-first. Several cuts and bruises, small cut over eye, cracked helmet, smashed glasses and stiff neck. No real harm done though. Bike's fine. My own fault, really, for riding a file tread front at 60 psi - no grip on mud. Least I didn't end up in hospital this time. Thought I had broken my arm at first. Took an age to ride back along the fireroad...

So in a nutshell......you tried to kill yourself on Saturday
sad.gif

Attachments

• sad.gif
    sad.gif
    270 bytes · Views: 25

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Marvellous 50+ mile ride round the middle of nowhere today (Northumberland)... wonderfully clear and sunny day... you could see for miles...and for once it was actually a bit nippy when I set off at about half eight.
smile.gif

Attachments

• smile.gif
    smile.gif
    262 bytes · Views: 29
I had a great ride with the club today :becool: 21 of us were out in the winter sunshine for a jaunt upto to Falkland and for a change there was little or no wind :becool: It was near freezing when we left at the back of 9am and for a moment I regretted that my thermal bib longs zip is burst and I had worn a less warm pair but I shortly realised I'd made the right wardrobe choice :becool:

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Hilly ride for me today up in the Pennines. Fantastic views with the low sun but should have had a front light for the last 5 miles as it was getting dark and I only had a rear on the bike.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom