Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
gbb

gbb

Squire
A very useful 42 miles. A bit grey out there but mild and light/moderate breeze. 15 miles then bacon, egg, black pudding, beans, toast and a cuppa :tongue: then just meandered wherever my nose took me.
Peterborough, Kings cliffe (where they're going to have a low level nuclear waste dump :wacko: ), Apethorpe, Nassington, headed south to Folksworth, Holme, Yaxley and home.

Just a steady pace...maybe 14.5 mph average.

OP
OP
gbb

gbb

Squire
Got a new loop thats handy for extending the commute after work. Quiet roads, a few moderate hills and nice countryside.
So a quick 21 miles...at one stage there's a half mile'ish hill, long shallow slope to slow you down then a sharp couple hundred yards, i remember staying in the saddle, looking down at my RD, seeing i was in 'second' gear, thinking 'this is ok'. Sometimes i get out of the saddle, today wasnt necessary. When i'd topped it, i looked at my cranks to see i was still on the 50T :blush: . Wierd, i'd normally be on the 40T, wouldnt dream of doing it on the large chainring.

postman

Squire
Super ride stunning scenery.Went to Embsay railway via Bolton Abbey.The ride was 56 miles in total.But it was the 10 miles from behind BA Post Office to Embsay and back that were the clincher.Just blow your socks off scenery.We were buzzing.If you have never been go and give it a try.You will not be dissapointed.

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
A tad over 48 miles, my longest ride of the year, though I've done more miles this year than last at at this point.

Mainly flat or undulating East Yorkshire backroads; bit of a breeze early on fooling me into a feeling of fitness, the skies were gray & forecast to rain

I managed 18 miles before the 'showerproof' had to come out, though it was also warm compounding the dampness, finished the last 10 or so without waterproof/gillet/armwarmers & just about dried out by the time i got home

Bike is dirty again, I only gave it a thourough clean on Sunday :sad:

Oh well enjoyed the ride :biggrin:

OP
OP
gbb

gbb

Squire
Just shy of 42 'spinning' miles, i'm crocked :blush:
Back's been bad for a couple months, contiuous stiffness extending into my legs, this last week i got a cold into my neck giving me little head movement but i wasn't going to miss the chance to ride on my day off, so just went for a jaunt at no pace down to RAF Molesworth (home of the Cruise missile demos in the 80s), across to Alconbury then north to Peterborough.
Looking in any direction all morning you could see heavy black cloud and rain falling in the distance, but interspersed with sunny periods. Got a bit wet three times but all in all, a good steady ride.

graham56

Guru
Out today and was passed by three fit girls, two of them in Great Britain tops and shorts, so i tucked in behind them.Well i mean who wouldn't? :whistle: . So there we were, the girls in front ,me behind them and the GB team car behind me. I was tempted to raise my arm just to see if the service car would pull along side but thought it a tad cheeky. Still enjoyed it while it lasted.
Also saw Cav out with the Sky team riding the course before tomorrows race.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Great respect for everyone who did the 104 mile Cyclone that passed me as if I was stationary while pootling back doing the 67 route on the home stretch.
Got home to find I've picked up an infection and got a temperature... thank goodness it held off!

OP
OP
gbb

gbb

Squire
A quick 20 miles (well, just short actually) at 17mph average. That was hard work in 30 degrees and i'll swear the breeze was against me in three of the four directions i went.
Sweatier than a sweaty thing when i got back :blush:

Nothing else to report really, a very uneventful ride.

G-Zero

Über Member
30 miles on National Route 20 from Durham to Witton Park n' back.

15 out in to a head wind and 15 back in the heat.

Michiel

Just back from a 27 mile ride literally around Manchester. Fallowfield loop .. trafford park .. Salford Quays and back through the city center and down hyde road back home. ( the last because I wanted some more miles in :smile: )

Awesome weather and a lot of wind...

PatrickPending

Legendary Member
just back from afternoon 100km ride down to brixworth via naseby and back via the ammusingly named marston trussel. note to self take more than one 750ml water bottle next time.....

albion

Guru
63 miles. I joined route 7 near Birtley for the off-road route to Stanhope.There was one heck of a head wind high up near Waskerley reservoir.  Several hundred C2C riders were all doing 20mph + along there hardly needing to pedal.The return route was the road Stanhope to Wolsingham and Crook where I then joined the Deerness Valley Railway Path to Bearpark/Durham for the road return to Gateshead.
Maybe next time I'll attempt that route in reverse.

My front tyre blew violently. It seems that the grit track did its worst where glass had sliced a bit of tyre.  So I then did 10 miles with a near 1cm hole only protected by tyre liner. Luckily I spotted an industrial rubber glove so with a quick thumb job I was on my way home quite safely.
A new tyre will be fitted later.

Paladin - York

"Just popping out for a quick spin dear"......................7 hours later.

The Lion Inn, Blakey Ridge, North York Moors.

Out: Brandsby Bank, Coulton, Hovingham, Slingsby, East/West Ness, Welburn, Kirkdale Cave, Kirkbymoorside, Gillamoor, Low Mill - Farndale, Daleside Road, The Lion Inn on Blakey Ridge.

In: Hutton-le-Hole, Keldholme, Great Edstone, Nunnington, Hovingham, Coulton, Snargate Hill, Marton-in-the-Forest.

Bought a "Bonty" in the Evans 25% sale yesterday and at 40psi I thought I had a new bike. Haven't a clue what I must have been riding on before.

Only planned to go to Kirkbymoorside in order to "top up" my monthly mileage target but a new bottle of water and a packet of "Trail Nuts" bought there set me up for The Lion Inn.

The Lion Inn was busy as usual. Bought a couple of bananas from a sponsored walk stand there.

Although there were many signs on the Hutton-le-Hole road, saying "Slow Down Lambs" there were still loads of motorcyclists and car drivers going like the clappers up there. I counted a couple of dead lambs on the way down to Hutton.

A first for me - cramp on the inside of both legs with about 10 miles to go.

Stats: Distance - 62.5 miles. Average speed 10.5 mph.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom